About the Algos, strategies, code category

If you have queries about Algorithms, Expert Advisors, Amibroker Codes etc you can post them here.

2 Likes

I would like AFL code to be written for me on a proposed strategy. Can zerodha do it for me ? If not can you recommend coders who know the language and the subject of trading?

2 Likes

you can find it on internet or you can also learn this if you want ,its very easy

1 Like

backtest is not working in pi…what should i do?

2 Likes

Hi All…i want to add my strategy in Pi but don’t know coding…so how to do it…can anyone help me?

3 Likes

hi rushi…how to learn…pls. help

4 Likes

Hi, I am a new user and I have already posted this content in a general section I presume…, but just saw this specific section and I am posting it again.

Actually, I am trading now on “Pi” platform. In it, I feel if I have a feature it would serve me best! Let me explain about my requirements here.

We have the option of buying or squaring off by way of using F1, F2, Admin Panel, and even placing Buy / Sell orders on the chart.

But, suppose I wanted to place a “Market order” exactly at a “Particular Spot Price” (be it be a particular Strike Price of a Nifty / Bank Nifty Option Contract), is it possible to customize? Normally, if I wanted to buy or sell an option, I can key in a “particular price (market or limit order)” for which I wish to buy or sell a strike price. But, I will not be able to buy or sell an option exactly on a “Specific Spot Price” and I really don’t mind what price that option is going to be at that specific spot price.

I don’t have the technical knowledge to device the same. Kindly see if anything can be customized so as to sync the same in my “Pi” platform. If anyone have any difficulty in understanding my request kindly feel free to call me at 9994347235. Thank you…

3 Likes

Hi Team,

I am developing my own trading strategy and need to know some variables to write my own code.

I want to know the following parameters of a stock in real time basis to help me in trading.

1. Current Market Price ( Live Last Traded Price )
  2. Closing Price of previous (1min, 5 min and 15 min candles)

Please help me. Thanks

2 Likes

am using Zerodha PI Platform and I need a expert Advoisary Code for following

1. Morning star (down red candle, doji, Green up candle )
  2. Evening Star

Pls help me to send this code
[email protected]
R. SURESH -9176703420

1 Like

Sir,I have attached the link below…

I had inserted the formulae,
=if((h2>x2),“buy”,"")
But it wrongly gives me the result…

When I compared both rtd cell,it gives correct result,but when I give some values to excel and compared,it gives wrong result.please give me the solution to that problem.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2HzFiTNvRv5WU1Jb2ZFUU5maDhnV0RYZVN0LXZIRHpubGVV/view?usp=sharing

2 Likes

Dear Sir,

I wanted to create a screener. the condition of screener is following:-

1. The current stock price is above both the 150-day (30-week) and the 200-day (40-week) moving average price lines.
  2. The 150-day moving average is above the 200-day moving average.
  3. The 200-day moving average line is trending up for at least 1 month (preferably 4–5 months minimum in most cases).
  4. The 50-day (10-week) moving average is above both the 150-day and 200-day moving averages.
  5. The current stock price is trading above the 50-day moving average.
  6. The current stock price is at least 30 percent above its 52-week low. (Many of the best selections will be 100 percent, 300 percent, or greater above their 52- week low before they emerge from a solid consolidation period and mount a large scale advance.)
  7. The current stock price is within at least 25 percent of its 52-week high (the closer to a new high the better).
  8. The relative strength ranking (as reported in Investor’s Business Daily) is no less than 70, and preferably in the 80s or 90s, which will generally be the case with the better selections.

Plz help me.

thanks in advance.

Regards

Govind kumar

3 Likes

hello,

i want script with 5 min candle for scanner to scan price up by 1%.

i have write close>open1.01 but not working and also try last>open1.01 but not working.

I getting some time alert before closing 5 min candle.

pl help me to understand and share script for the same.

1 Like

i want to code my strategy in pi.who can do this for me

We can make strategy in MT4 you can contact MCX SURE GAIN

We can make strategy in MT4 you can contact MCX SURE GAIN dot com

please somebody help me to write codes for a scanner in PI for the below action

stock should be in F&O list
where buyers are 150% more than sellers and vise versa

what is the mim balance for algo trading__

sir
i want a code for this stetergy ( candle of 1min)
1 present candle price greater than previous candle
2 previous candle price greater than its previous candle
3 previous to previous candle open price is equal to low

How to put stoploss and target in percentage in trade script? for example i want my stoploss at 0.5 percent and target at 1 percent.
Can both script be placed simultaneously

Hello Experts,

I am facing an error when I make use of the MOD operator even in the most simplest way.

SAMPLE CODE

EMA(OPEN,20) MOD EMA(OPEN,9) = 0.04

Error

Your BuyScript generated an error
Undefined variable MOD.

Please advice.