About the F&O category

For all questions related to futures and options.

2 Likes

I want know about charges for taking a overnight position in FUTURES contract.
For example if I decide of take an overnight position of ALBK SEP contract. The normal margin shows ₹84975 as per zerodha margin page…how much will I have pay more as brokerage n other charges…

6 Likes

I want to know about weekly banknifty option premium calculation…
[Today I bought 26000 call @.80 … Spot bnf running at 26060 and future run at 25950 .at that time value of 26000 call only 3 why? Finally bnf spot close at 26016 and bnf future close at 25966… premium only 4 LTP … and covered at 3 due to stt charges
: Is there any one having any idea about weekly option

2 Likes

Hi , COuld you please help me when I can sell my calls in Options?. I think every month we need to square off on friday before expiry date ?

1 Like

Sir I have one query about Option Trading,

I have purchased call option of Indusind Bank on 20th May 2020 400 Shares with the premium of Rs. 15 of which expiry date was of 25th June 2020 Now I had sold all 400 shares on 03rd June 2020 at the premium of Rs. 23.10 on that day share price was of around Rs. 440 (Don’t know the exact spot price if possible please let me know from where i can get the exact spot price or consider it to be 440 Rs.) Now i want to know what was my profit or loss calculation in this trade?

1 Like

How to sell my holding stock in option treading

Scenario 2: You are holding a position from previous day using product type as NRML, but today you need more margins to do intraday trading, how do you do it?

As an example, you have bought Nifty futures yesterday and because you are carrying it overnight, it will be showing under the product type as NRML. As an NRML product type, it will be blocking Rs 25000(complete overnight margin as per SPAN). As MIS, it would block only Rs 10000, so what if you want to convert from NRML to MIS to get Rs 15000 free margin to take other positions? How do you convert it? How do you convert multiple such positions?

So, if you are holding overnight position and want extra margins, convert them to MIS and if you want to carry them overnight again convert back to NRML as mentioned above.

This scenario is still working or not ? Or any panalty charge ?

Hi, why this week options expiry date 27th may is not available,so i ordered 3rd jun expiry options,is there any problem in that?

Hi, Please help me with the following querry.

Can i put stop loss to carry forward (Normal) order in bank nifty options?

If we sell MONTHLY future say at 100 strike and hedge it 110 ce WEEKLY option. Margin required will be less.
question is:-

1. Now the strike is at 80. Can we now HEDGE above ((100 strike monthly future sell)) by buying another 90 ce weekly. and then square off the above 110 ce WEEKLY option.

Will it save margin penality?

I have some options in qty of 75, how can i square off, not lot size change to 50.

At the time of buying option call/put, when you search the exact call/put, it’s shows expiry there only, like if you wanna buy a call option of NIFTYBANK - 35000, you mmay search “35000” or something else; but at the same time you can see the date as well like 2nd, or 9th JUN - consider it as expiry date, contract will end on that day.

For monthly expiry call/put option, you can see month name only, i.e., BANKNIFTY JUN 35000 CE.

Thanks.

2 Likes

hi,
i have a doubt!
let’s say Nifty is at 17000 and i think nifty is going to go down.
so i short 17000ce.
my doubt is that, at the end of the day like 3:15 can i buy the same 17000ce contract?

Sometimes stop loss may not work because it may open below your stop loss level, depends on your entry

1 Like

Hi, thanks for introducing instant unpledge and selling stocks. What happens when I sell partial pledged stocks? My doubt here is all quantity get unpleadged and partial quantity sold OR partial quantity unpledged and sold, remaining quantity reamain pleadged. Thanks

How about a F&O p&l graph just like a equity account value curve in console?

Yes, u can

Yes, it happens