Are we headed to another stock market crash like the one in 2008?

Stock market already crashed for 2018 and in a consolidation phase & may continue till 2019 general election . After 2019 general election stock market may make clear trend thereafter.
I think trade war won’t affect our market much , probably India may benefit by Trade war between USA & China.
Every day FII’s selling million’s worth of stocks , but balanced by Mutual funds/DII’s , If any stock market crash happens , it may happen , because of Mutual fund redemption’s

2 Likes

Very true, after demonetization huge chunk of money has been pumped into equities by retail investors though mutual funds. A panic selling in market would lead to redemption in huge quantities which in turn could fire up the market crash

1 Like

Exactly, apart from retail investors , lot of real estate money flown in to stock market , only 2019 general election results may affect / crash stock market , Today USA imposed tariff’s on $34 billion worth Chinese goods, a trade war started between USA & China , but our stock market is up!!.

Nifty PE is around the same as during the 2000 Peak, and just short of 2008 Peaks, before the CRASHES. But the PB is at 3.7, far less than 5.1 & 6.5 during the peaks earlier.
That means that the assets are available cheaper compared to the earlier peaks, and the prices can go up. Another way of looking at it is, that the assets are generating far less revenue compared to the previous peaks, (inferred from same PE with lower PB) so the markets are too pricey!
But as @TIMEFRAME and @KirubaKaran mentioned, that needs to come from MF sellings. Today, with the invention of SIP, the MFs are sitting pretty with assured regular fund inflow, which they religiously keep pumping into the market! Those investors have also been advised with mantras of ‘not to time the market’, and the like. So, crash is kind of not possible. What Says You?

3 Likes

Yeah! Our DII have become mighty with the power of SIP… Now-a-days when FII sell they hold up the market with Reliance/HDFC/HDFC Bank/TCS/Bajaj Twins/FMCGs.

5 most dangerous word in share market : THIS TIME IT IS DIFFERENT

This time it is definitely different :stuck_out_tongue: :fearful:

Already Nifty is nearing the all time high PE record, lets say it crosses 28.5 and reaches PE of 30, then already we have created history.

Other than that, I told it months ago (above is my post) when I was relatively newer to markets, even now I say, big correction can come, but crash like 2008 not gonna happen with the current world and Indian affairs.

1 Like

So all time high is crossed, Nifty clocked a PE of 28.72 today.

Congratulations for this achievement