Ask me anything about taxes on trading and investing

@Jason_Castelino @Quicko can you confirm this ?

Not mandatory. But highly recommended to file returns.

1 Like

Hi @Private

It is mandatory to file a return in order to carry forward the losses, irrespective of your income.
Hence, it is always advisable to file a return.

Why donā€™t u allow cams and kfintech mutual funds .

Itā€™s really tough to enter 100s of Mutual funds sales manually even in Excel.

At least allow to put Excel from cams .

Hi @Manu_Manjunath.K.R

We are actively working on partnering with tech-enabled investment platforms. We have taken your suggestion into consideration.

Where do I declare PPF interest income on @Quicko ?
Itā€™s under other interest in AIS and is getting picked as taxable interest on quicko ig.

Hi @abcd5662

PPF interest income is an exempt income. So, you can report the same under Incomes > IFOS > Exempt Income on Quicko.
Hereā€™s how you can Add Income from Other Sources : Help Center
In the AIS, it could be some other interest income that is taxable. So, you must verify the same.

1 Like

You donā€™t need to patner.

I will download Excel type file of capital gains from cams and kfin tech. Just create an technology to read this mutual fund Excel. Simple technology. Clear tax has one.
Iā€™m waiting for this from 3 yearā€™s.

1 Like

How do I check the status of my revised ITR filing @Quicko ?

The dashboard and the status check tool show my ITR as processed (original one). Even under the View Filed Returns section, the status is all green for the revised return as if thereā€™s no further processing left.

PS - expecting a refund after the revised ITR, and asking just to be sure that I have re-filed it correctly.

Hello @abcd5662,

From the snapshots that you have attached it seems that your original return has been processed but the revised return has not undergone processing yet. When the processing starts, the status will change to under-processing and then processed under the E-file tab> View Filed Returns.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

How much money we can borrow from family or friends and trade for them to give them a percentage of the profit annually and rest keeping it with us. Is there an amount limit for doing this without registering this as a company like below 25 lakhs or something like that ? Or is it illegal to do this as per SEBI regulations ?

who has to file schedule AL ? Do we have to consider income from partnership firm in total income ?

Hey,

If your total income exceeds ā‚¹50 lakh, it is mandatory to disclose the details of movable and immovable assets in Schedule AL along with liabilities incurred in relation to such assets. Yes, income received from the partnership firm will also be added to the total income.

@Quicko letā€™s assume i have taken a stock delivery via future long (didnā€™t square off and got the shares) how that income will be taxed?

Hey @Sriharan,

The transaction will then be treated as a purchase of shares and capital gains tax will be applicable when you sell such shares based on the holding period.

I have Zerodha accountā€¦ But Iā€™ve closed my acct with HDFC & Kotak brokers earlier in this FYā€¦ Is it possible to obtain consolidated details of all 3 accts on Quicko to look for applicable STCG + LTCG ?

1 Like

I have a similar question too . If I have closed one broker account after selling of the shares in that account , should I be getting a P&L statement and tax statement before I close it ? Or should I approach their physical center and get a statement in print or via email ? Anybody know or had experience of such ? Thanks .

Hiā€¦ I didnā€™t receive any such P&L or CapGain Statement upon closureā€¦ It ws actually a closure-cum-transfer for meā€¦ And I even forgot to download the statement, before closureā€¦

Yeah get a P&L statement before closing. And then donā€™t trade. While closing also request another one after all charges

1 Like

Should I ask for anything more ? I got the P&L statement.