Ask me anything about Zerodha Fund House

Hey Neeraj, any strategy index will be prone to outperformance/underperformance with the market just like any other active scheme. However, one of the benefits of using any index is that its relatively easier to understand the risk-return characteristics of the strategy. And therefore do have a look at how your proposed strategy will affect the risk-return dynamics of your portfolio and proceed.

1 Like

Hey Vishal, portfolio of the fund is sent twice in the same day for March 2024, as monthly and half yearly disclosures. Should ideally be sent only once like other fund houses do.

@VishalJain How do I determine what is the right value of the LIQUIDCASE ETF at any given instance? In case of a stock, the price is what buyer is willing to pay but LIQUIDCASE ETF is backed by interest bearing securities that have predictable interest.

Since LIQUIDCASE ETF is traded on exchange, a seller might opt to sell at 2%, 5%, or 10% premium over the right value. If I donā€™t know how to calculate the right value of LIQUIDCASE ETF, I am concerned I might overpay. In case of LIQUIDBEES, we always know that ā‚¹ 1,000 is the right value. Dividends are in the form of extra units and does not affect the price.

Hi Priyank, you can get the Indicative NAV (iNAV) from our website which you can keep track ofā€¦

The same is also available on the NSE website. My suggestion would be to always place a limit order around the iNAV.

1 Like

Notedā€¦thanks for highlighting

1 Like

Hi @VishalJain,

Since you have mentioned about debt products (ETFs) coming up Is there any plans from ZFH to introduce something like Total Corporate Bonds ETF, Total Banking & PSU Bonds ETF or even Total CG/SDL Bonds ETF like Vanguard and BlackRock has in USA (along the lines of VTC ETF but in Indian context)?

If not possible to whole extent at least is there a possibility of introducing a reduced/dumb down versions of these (for example like an index fund/ETF which follows CRISIL AAA corporate bond composite index or CRISIL Banking and PSU debt index or Nifty counterparts)?

There are lot of possibilities in debt space especially if one is able to tweak around them without making them similar to FMP (Like Bharat Bond ETFs but without maturity dates on them like normal debt funds).

One major problem i have observed in debt/bond space (especially in PSUs, SDLs) is there are tonne of funds which offer these kinda indexes are FMP in nature and i have to roll down to next series (if i wanted to contiue) once those FMP gets matured. There is only one or two debt index funds in a real sense and almost zero ETFs which actually offer these debt indices. Iā€™m expecting ZFH to come up with ETFs just like Liquidcase but for bonds issued by different entities (like CG/SDL bonds, Bank/NBFC bonds, PSU bonds, credit risk bonds etc) and even different time horizons.

Also is there any plans on table from ZFH to introduce any ETFs aimed towards equity indices? Might not be something like smart beta indices at beginning itself. But some common basic etfs aimed at Nifty 50, Nifty next 50, Nifty midcap 150, Nifty smallcap 250 and Nifty microcap 250. For the point of discussion i never even thought some of these caps would get index funds ever (smallcap 250 and microcap 250 index funds specifically) or would get decent AUM under these funds which proved wrong from my end as there was decent flow of money into these index funds past 12 months (maybe last 12 months was an anamoly in lower capped indexes as they gave huge return and public put money into those but it wonā€™t be wrong either to have some presence in those caps).

Hey, thanks a lot for the suggestions on the debt index side and have noted them. On the equity side we will do some basic ETFs and you will hear about them soon.

@VishalJain please launch aggressive and conservative passive hybrid index funds. No amc is offering it .

You can allocate your own portfolio as per your needs to any equity index fund and debt index fund.

Hey Anil, at this point passive hybrid products are not allowed. Discussions on this are on at various levels.

Zerodha Fund House missing from AMFI Mutual Funds Sahi hai site Locate Mutual Fund Distributor | Invest Online in Mutual Funds

1 Like

@VishalJain Are you saying passive hybrid products are not allowed by SEBI ?