At 9.15 am when markets open major price movement is already happened

I am really confused how to place orders/trades to take advantage of first few minutes of volatility?

By 9.15 am …most of action is already done…than nothing much to do.
What I am missing?
if I place after market order…it does not work because it opens more than by limit price.

Why would u trade at such random moves and at the worst time

Lot of good traders I know never trade in opening minutes

There are lot of time periods during the day Nifty gives good moves, check example of today :slight_smile:

4 Likes

When there is good or bad news …the effect of that news take effect during first few minutes including pre market …I have seen that multiple times. so I want to learn as to how to order during pre market or before pre market or during first 15 minutes until 9.30 am

1 Like

By the way do you understand that’s a suicidal wish. I am afraid you are using a filter called ‘wishful thinking’ that you will make profits what if you make consistent loss for 5 days which is highly probable. In case you still want to trade the initial minutes, view innumerable YT videos on the subject. But again the caution - understand the risks. If you see any seasoned trader (i mean who make consistent profit and make a living out of trading) they avoid at least first 10 - 15 minutes. Dont be distracted by FOMO syndrome. There will be lot of opportunities.

1 Like

@curiousvi your question is complex. Premarket hours is a black box…don’t enter anything there. To make use of morning volatity enter previous day after 3 15 pm. BTST.

If u observe TCS for a week u will understand this better.

1 Like

Then start trading earlier, or change your trading method. If you are daily trader you can make nice profits by trading on daily price volatility. You will know the best what you can do if you analyze market moves after given time

1 Like

the point here is, you cant trade and make money on every move, everyday.

you should be knowing this by now.