Benchmark of measuring Implied Volatility

The Implied Volatility of Dec13BANKNIFTY 26500 call is 23.32 as of today 08/08/2018. How do I know that this figure Falls in High Volatility Range or is This Medium Volatility Or Low Volatility? How I know the Highest High?Lowest Low of Banknifty(Or any other stock/index) it has ever reached? What is the benchmark to know whether any Given Implied Volatility figure for a Stock/Index is High or Low?

1 Like

Actually Volatility is simple to know but difficult to Understand you must do some research own your own to understand better.
Any way here I can tell you Implied Volatility of Put side is higher than Call side due to obvious reason, to see the current Implied Volatility is HIGH or LOW you have to just compare it with last 30-60-90 days Implied Volatility and for STOCK just compare Current Volatility with last 30-90days Volatility and Annual Volatility. there is no straight fig to say this is HIGH or LOW.
Volatility Varies from Stock to Stock.

As you see in NIFTY last 3 month VIX was high at 22.xx Approx now this is HIGH but not the HIGHEST it may also goes to 25-28-30 so, no straight answer.

I have tell you in short Bcoz here it not possible to explain everything So, do some search on GOOGLE , ZERODHA VARSIty ,etc.

1 Like