Bracket order executed but OPEN position not visible

bump. ill wait till their shitty support replies then will post with images

Or you can post with images … and save your/their time … :wink:

I want to post with images including their replies actually. The shithead support lady said I did a self trade of 100 qty out of 200. Which I knew wasn’t right and right now as the trade ended only 1 part of it got executed and the other part I had to exit myself through trigger. And you very well know that bracket order trades execute all at once.

NSE in 2015 introduced this mechanism to prevent self-trade for a client who has both buy and sell orders open for a certain scrip at the same price.

If an active order (orders that come in to match the existing orders) is likely to match with a passive order (Orders lying unmatched in the system) in the same order book belonging to the same client, either the active or passive order resulting in self- trade will be canceled by the exchange.

This essentially means if there is a scenario where one of your order is in the best bid/offer and you place an order in the same scrip and this order is about to match your own earlier passive order, then this new order will be cancelled by the exchange.

This is applicable for all Day and IOC order types; limit, market, stop loss, stop loss-market.

is your app not giving return, you are using Zerodha for marketing.:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

The app and site has gone through audit before launch … and the string “Risk connects to Kite, Zerodha’s trading platform.” is exactly what has been suggested by their auditor after review.

On another note, you might like to post this on a different thread … Haven’t yet enabled BO in my app. And this gives a wrong impression … :slight_smile:

Auditors for risk management, even biggest Investment Banks cannot do this, CDS & CDO were AAA rated and resulted crash whole world in 2008

and what to say about auditors anyone can see SATYAM, PNB, ICICI all by auditors.

Areee bhai … Vaise auditor nahi … Partners team / Rainmatter / Marketing Material approvers … Calm down … :slight_smile:

so, post some good and to the point articles, so we can be benefited here

May not be, there can be cases where only partial BO will be traded. Consider this case for example

Stock LTP at 100 and one want to initiate buy BO for 200 quantity,
You initiated BO with limit buy at 102, stop-loss and target both are given as absolute 1.
Theoretically we can expect initial leg to be traded at 100, target and sl will be sitting at 101 and 99, for suppose out of 200 only 50 shares are traded at 100, immediately system will release target and stoploss for those 50 shares, target at 101 and stoploss at 99, in this case as your target will be sitting at 101 for which it can act as counter order to initial order and can result in self trade this target order will not be released in to the system. There are many corner cases in BO. If you can message me your client ID, I can give you exact answer, better do it today itself if you really want to know the reason for this.

Sure … Will try my level best … Thnx.
:slight_smile:

good and read-worthy content is missing in forum which motivates us, @nithin started posting some nice newsletter but stopped in between, such things makes the forum meaningful

Fair point. We’ll try to create more enriching content.

thanks

Hey @vijender88

Did you check -

Trying to build this list … It can be fun while learning … Please do post your likes / traits …

i am interested in such content, if you have time have a look at one or two posts in these.

1 Like

Thank you for elaborately explaining, I understood why this happened today. I might have put a value in lmt BO lower than my trgt while selling and as the trade executed in 2 parts it lead to all this chaos. Had no clue about this scenario, learnt something new today :.)

btw as I was panicking when this happened, I called support and a lady picked up after 5 minutes. After that as I told her what happened she put me on hold for 15 minutes at least and then an automated message said that the support is closed… Called support for the first time, must say loved the experience.