Brokerage business

Anything like this will happen in India ?
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-jpmorgan-brokerage/jpmorgan-undercuts-discount-brokerages-on-trades-idUSKCN1L620Y

1 Like

It has already started.

1 Like

Mr. Rupesh, market has different levels of best five bids & offers. What brokerage is charged is also important but investors have to consider whether we are being given ‘fine rates’ or ‘worst rates’. The brokerage that is paid is the price for those rates.

Brother, there is a difference between “Value for money” and “Cheap”.

In long run, only “Cheap”, “low cost” USP won’t last. Because then the corporates will use their muscle power. They can go to any extent to save themselves.

Also, Tata Nano is a good example of how “cheap” can mean death to your business. I have worked on the ad campaign of Tata Nano. We were so against its branding as the “World’s Cheapest Car” but the promoters had to go ahead with that image only, and now you can see it’s dead.

3 Likes

In my view Nano has been withdrawn because it was not a status symbol for the owner. Like the buyer of limousine would create a perception of status,prestige and power in the minds of the people. Nano was not projecting that image. Very glad to know a person from the world of mass communication and advertising where dreams are created.

Axis Securities charges hefty brokerage but lacks basic features like live market depth, ease of placing orders, charts. Why would any smart person will pay more money for this nonsense?

1 Like

Great example of “Nano”, “Cheap” and “Value for money” At the end Traders need quality service and good user interfae platform.

Aren’t we already offering 0 brokerage. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Kotak already offers flat brokerage fee of inr1000 annually for intraday traders. But their platform is not user friendly at all. zerodha and fyers are way ahead in terms of platform offerings.

1 Like

Also, Kotak has a some hidden charges that show up later in the statement.Don’t just go with 1000 bucks …kind of sneaky :smirk:

1 Like

Not the to mention the usual STT and other taxes which you have to pay no matter which brokers you choose.

1 Like

Ah, guess that’s what they mean when they say conditions apply* :grin:

1 Like

Like?

Software usage and SMSand other value adf service. I don’t want to bad mouth any broker because they are getting squeezed with super low brokerages as it is. However, what I would rather have is clear and transparent cost structure and no negative surprises later on.

1 Like