can someone kindly explain the difference in calculation?

@nithin I tried to estimate a trade based on example provided on “List of all fees, charges, and taxes on trading and investing – Zerodha”. However could not tally with the digital contract note. It would be helpful if you could help me estimate it for future reference.

For Equity Delivery, the calculator considers NSE as the exchange for all calculations:

1. We charge a token amount of Rs 0.01 as we can’t offer the service for free as per law. The brokerage calculator displays it as zero

2. STT is rounded of the the nearest rupee

3. Transaction charges for EQ delivery on NSE will be 0.034(charged at 0.00325% of the turnover). Did you take this trade in NSE or BSE?

4. GST is charged at 18% on Brokerage + Exchange transaction charges.

5. SEBI charges are rounded off to the nearest rupee

6. Stamp Duty is rounded off to 2 decimals

Will check with our Dev team if we can apply the round up logic in the calculator too

2 Likes

Thank you for the clarification Faisal. Please do clarify how one can arrive at the transaction charges part. That is the only confusion as can be seen. This is a BSE transaction and BSE charges are 275 Rs/Crore which should come to 0.00275% but present charges appear to be 0.1% which looks like some erroneous computation. Once again thank you for prompt response.

Which stock did you trade on BSE?

I do not know how it is relevant in the present context (kindly elaborate if possible). However, i have traded (bought) “Menon Pistons”, 50 shares priced 21.5 per share.

Menon Pistons trades in the XT category of stocks for which BSE transaction charges are 0.1% of the turnover

This is explained in the footnotes of the charges list on our website

1 Like

There it is. I had not clue if the category was applicable to securities or to demat users. Such a dumb thing on my part. Thanks a ton for taking the pain to elaborate. Do keep responding. Nowi think i may estimate future transaction in a better way. Thank You once again Faisal.

Also if you don’t mind can you reveal the website of snapshot included above?

Its taken from the BSE website
https://www.bseindia.com/stock-share-price/menon-pistons-ltd/mennpis/531727/

1 Like