Did anyone actually make profits while using streak?

Hi,

I wanted to know if streak is actually good in generating profits. If there is any regular user of streak here, please let me know

3 Likes

No
Lacks many features. Gone back to amibroker

4 Likes

What features do you think it is lacking?

It did help me with trade execution. I did get profits. Profits will also depend on the strategy and execution. Only signing up wont guarantee profits.

[quote="siva, post:3, topic:52933, full:true"]

What features do you think it is lacking?
[/quote]

It should create BO orders rather than sending notifications, it leaves the trader vulnerable to sudden spikes and can’t book the profit or loss in time, also there should be a direct automated ordering facility

Nos of features are limited (maybe because it new) and did not allow currency trading

1 Like

Hi All,

Streak allows currency trading for paid plans.
BO and CO will be released by Jan end.

Thanks
Streak

@Streak
I had been an user of your product offering last year and fared poorly.
I accept that perhaps my strategy was not great whereas the same in backtest showed a different result.

Is it theoretically possible to see backtest profits and real-time losses?
I am asking this, so I can make changes in terms of execution and mindset.

Anyways, I would want to subscribe today and I would like to know if there are simple winning strategies in your system which I can test out for a few days, without alteration.

To start off, with supertrend + adx or +rsi.

I look forward to this journey. Please help.

2 Likes

It will all depend on how good your strategy is. Doing it theoretically & realtime market tests are 2 different things. @Streak - why don’t you pls get approval for providing full automation? if other companies are getting why is zerodha/streak not getting approval?

2 Likes

@chheda25jn

BO has already been released in early march.

1 Like

@Joe_Chris

We cannot advice any strategy, but we are working hard to release “archives page” where we will showcase a lot of sample strategies, which you will be able to filter based on bullish,bearish and indicators.

Regards

2 Likes

@CoolBird,
If something works out in backtest and is of regular retail order size, then its very unlikely the the realtime trading will be far apart form the backtest, if you act withing a minute from notification generation.
Regarding approvals, we will get back to you on that.

1 Like

That’s the whole point… I am missing something here… If I am seeing a huge winning strategy and it almost always does the opposite in real time.

Besides, with BO, te losing potential has actually become predictable as the stop loss always hits before the target is met.

I am 100% more profitable averaging trades using MIS… with a general direction and a general target in mind, over a timeframe of 5 to 45 minutes.

When I do that, as long as I’m convinced that the trade s correct, I am confident of adding more on dips… and partial exits based on resistance points.

But with streak, in my case, I have never made money… I have done manual and streak based trades simultaneously and the divergence was chalk and cheese.

Not blaming anybody but myself, but to be honest, I need advice, suggestion and some streetsmarts to be able to be have my confidence restored.

BTW, BO is becoming a stop-loss hunting game these days and its easier to trust cover orders.

1 Like

Don’t really agree on your view. you can even check response from joe_chris. in past i’ve tried with other tools but from my experience best form of backtest is to do manual checks using charts & also in live market as these tools don’t give accurate results.

1 Like

Hi @Joe_Chris ,

I am not very sure of the BO order part.

But, as a regular user of Streak, i can say that it is helpful to backtest the results, saves a lot of time. But, it still has a long way to go. I have found a few glaring issues in Streak, which needs to be sorted out before it can be depended on completely.

Some strategies might work as expected on Streak, but in some, there might be a huge difference, and some strategies cannot be implemented yet on Streak as there are no options for it.

But, when you are backtesting your strategies, it is better if you just go through the transactions once and compare it with the chart to check if they are working as expected, rather than just depending on the Streak results.
I know this isn’t the ideal use of Streak, but i’m just trying to help out.

I still use Streak and have paid for the subscription, becuase it saves me a lot of time than manually writing down the trades when backtesting. I just need to verify it once after the backtest results on Streak are available.

But, i definitely don’t depend on Streak to call out the trades, as that doesn’t work for my strategy and also there is a bit of work still to do for Streak.

Hope this helps.

2 Likes

We cannot provide an answer with confidence on why @Joe_Chris or you are facing this.
The most likely answer would be because the strategies might be scalping strategies or have super small stop loss and are not capturing mid range intra-day trends or movements. These strategies are highly order price sensitive and entering them with order type as MARKET might be the cause, as backtest only enters at a fixed price(open of the next candle). Streak supports BO,LIMIT and MARKET, so you can enter as LIMIT to make sure you get the price you want.
We would be able to answer these in better details if you write to support[@]streak.tech, where we can look at your concept and see where you are facing the issues.
Coming to the matter of backtesting, we are continuously working on adding more flexibility and features to make it more dynamic and adaptive.

@prash_u Our team is working towards enabling features for creating broader strategies creations so that you can create all the strategies, backtest and live track them.
We are not sire where you found in-accuracy in the backtest, but if you are clear with our help page methodology, there should be no inaccuracies. All your feedback is welcome, kindly let us know at support[@]streak.tech, if you already have done so, it will be already under work.

@Streak,

Yes, i have been using it for quite a while now. And It has nothing to do with the help page or methodology.

I don’t want to mention all the issues i have found on this page as i have already mentioned a few in a separate post (link below). So that it can also help others using Streak to verify the backtest results and transactions before drawing conclusions based on them.

hi
streak is allowing to create strategy in equity future only. is it possible to trade in normal equity with streak

@Amit_Kumar You can trade in cash (spot) as well as futures segment. Both the options are available on Streak.

1 Like

The same thing is happing with me. I see huge Profit in backtest but when deployed for paper trade or live trading it shows negative results.

I check the Order log of Live /Paper trading and campare it with backetest of the same date .
IN camparison i found that the alert are getting Skipped In the Live and Paper trading .

@Streak Can please tell what what is the issue.

@Imran_niazi
Backtest represents past performance of the strategy and accounts for fixed slippage as mentioned in the methodology here Backtest - Streak Help
Paper trading simulated for market order being placed similar to what would happen when a market order is placed.

If you are seeing profits in backtest and for the same day in paper trading if you see loss, then the fundamental problem with your strategy is that your target profit/stop loss is less than the market slippage. That means the slippage is eating into your profits. What you could explore here is to increase the tp/sl levels to be larges than the average slippage and volatility.

Streak is a platform that follows well-researched and designed methodologies in all the features, and the success of a strategy in backtesting, paper trade, and live trade just depends on your strategy, while we make sure to provide the fastest and smoothest services of backtesting, live alerts, scanning, etc.

Regards