Does Zerodha sell my data?

Following are the question

1. Do Zerodha sell/give away for free ,my Profit and Loss Numbers to any third party company?
  2. Do Zerodha sell/give away for free ,my Account Balance to any third party company?
  3. Does Zerodha know what trade I am currently under execution and use this information to trade on their own behalf?
1 Like

A blanket NO to all these questions.

We may take your answer on face value but whenever people trade prices always move like spoofing in HFT!
@nithin does regulator has any take on spoofing?
This is general feeling of many traders not just one person that their data is getting leaked! Is Google leaking your data via crome browser? Do you have any safety system or in your app?

Your data gets leaked nowhere. Have you checked this post?

And this

Btw spoofing is when someone (manually or an Algo) places many bid/ask orders trying to create a false sense of buying or selling pressure. These orders are typically canceled very quickly as well, the idea being to place opposite trades of the illusion of buying/selling pressure being created. Exchanges provide what is called a tick by tick (TBT) data feed that gives details of all the pending orders on the exchange, so there is no point in getting this data for one brokerage when you can get it from the entire exchange directly using TBT.

There is nothing illegal as such with spoofing, but SEBI has got exchanges to put penalties in place if the order to trade ratio is less. This penalty essentially ensures that this doesn’t happen much. Check this circular.

https://www1.nseindia.com/content/circulars/SURV45016.pdf

2 Likes

Hi,

@nithin we are not blaming you here as its not just in case of zerodha, people feel its happening everywhere as traders across spectrum are getting this feeling that somehow their position data is getting leaked. This is about retail traders. Plz check if kite app data is intercepted and sold by Google without your knowledge as one or two people may get wrong but not many people!

No, this isn’t even possible. And like I said above, exchanges give tick by tick data which gives detailed information on total orders on the exchange.