How to get the important news updates related to market

I missed the news of ASM.
How do we get these sort of news quickly? We can’t always stay in front of business channels. Also, we may have trading positions which are impacted by news & we may have to quickly react.
What are the other traders here are doing to get the latest news like: macro news, micro news, stock specific news, sector specific news. There are often first mover advantage in many cases.

Others news is nonsense, by the time u know, operators will move the market in opposite manner.

For stock related statistics info or news, everyday u can check following after 7 pm -

1. NSE website -> Circular link on top (There ASM changes come under the category ‘Surveillance and Investigation’ [Updates around 8 pm]

2. NSE website -> Product -> Equities -> Current Market Reports -> Price band changes Excel file [Updates around 4-6 pm]

It tells which securities circuit limit will change from next day, all the ASM scrips got changed from 20% to 5%, seeing that I understood maybe they are moved to ASM

1. BSE website -> Notices link on top -> CHANGES IN CIRCUIT FILTER

If some shares listed only on BSE, u can come to know circuit filter changes of them in BSE only

1. NSE website -> Product -> Equities -> Current Market Reports -> Latest Changes [Updates around 4-6 pm]

It tells which securities changed from EQ to BE category or vice-versa

1. NSE website -> Right side after scrolling down -> Quick Links -> All Reports [UPDATED AROUND 7 PM]

You will get Bulk Deals, Block Deals, FII & DII Trading Activity, NSE Open Interest, Securities in ban for FNO

2 Likes

Thank you for the detailed answer & your kindness to help.
What about other news like Chanda kochar leave flipflop, indigo CEO quitting, & news break during market hours ?
Do retail traders should ignore such news to enter or exit a trade position during the day?

Also, can you share your source of learning please? It’s tough to find these useful tips in a book I guess.

I am also new to markets, the above stuff I came to know coz I spent lot of time on NSE website

I think some other member can answer better for that

You can watch CNBC TV 18 during the day, but again all these news are mostly a waste of time

You will see Chanda kochar got called by CBI, u will go short, and operators will take the ICICI stock UP.

Based on Chanda kochar initial news of forced leave, icici was going up. When it was 295, Ashwini gujral gave buy call with SL of 290 & target of 300+.
I was watching & waiting to see if I can short it below or enter at 290. But, the contradictory news broke saying it’s an annual leave. Stock started falling. I shorted, made money, exited.
But, I think this is only an exception where I was lucky. Normally I try to trade stocks with tight stop loss & suddenly I get stopped out due to high volatility due to news flows so trying to stay away from such situations.

Just see today, BIOCON what great news in morning.

6% up in pre open session.

Lot of retailers bought it

Now they got cut like bakras by operators

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy::joy:
Thought to celebrate Diwali ended up with Mourn in Moharram.

market update as of 28/07/20. here’s a reliable source