I am getting a lot of unsolicited stocks tips SMS messages ever since I opened a trading account, how do I stop these?

The same thing on Forceful Advisory started with me just after I opened my account with Zerodha. Definitely there is some one in Zerodha who has been leaking customers’ data.
Nitin Bro- You should take utmost care to protect the interest of your customers otherwise time will come many or all of your customers will start leaving you. Hope a reaction from NITIN Bro in this regard.

1 Like

Zerodha has nothing to do with this. I am receiving these sms way before opening an a/c with zerodha. I strongly believe the data is leaked from exchanges and not brokers.

It’s not just us guys https://twitter.com/NileshShah68/status/951019701521518593

How to stop the unsolicited stock tips SMSes? well, Bro, it can stop if somehow FM Arun Jaitley’s mobile number get into their database! :yum:

Even I am also getting flood of SMS for investment…we do agree Zeroadd can’t leak.but at the same time you can’t wash your hands saying that’s not your responsibility…why don’t you take this issue with nsel , saying your customers are complaining about leakage of there contact number which you have submitted to NSEL.

Looks like the entire Stock Market Operators in India are after you money.

Keep tying this solution, It worked for me after about a month. No SPAM messages since last 2 months.

Update, The regulators have now taken this issue seriously.

https://m.economictimes.com/default_pwa.cms?article=62590276

I received these instructions

The best way to stop this is by reporting this to TRAI and NSE.

NSE

https://www.nseindia.com/int_invest/dynacontent/any_portal.htm
TRAI

DND registration (now NCPR) helps you to stop receiving unsolicited/ unwanted commercial and promotional calls and messages on your phone. Even if you registered for DND, sometimes you will receive commercial / unwanted calls and messages on your phone. If so, you can register a complaint with your mobile operator.

Important note before compliant

You have to register a compliant from the mobile or land-line number; you received unwanted / unsolicited calls or message.

Within three days of receipt of the unwanted / unsolicited commercial or promotional calls or messages, you should give a compliant.

Registration of DND complaint by SMS to 1909

To register a complaint for receiving an unwanted / unsolicited communication, send SMS to 1909 in the below format:-

COMP TEL NO XXXXXXXXXX, dd/mm/yy, Time hh:mm

XXXXXXXXXX should be replaced by the telephone number or message header of the unsolicited call or message you received on your phone. You will be receiving an SMS confirming your complaint registration with unique compliant number and within 7 days of the complaint, you will be informed of the action taken on your complaint.

Check the below two examples:-

Example 1): You have received an SMS from DM-IAMU on 30th Sep’11 at 2pm. Then your complaint SMS will be “COMP TEL NO DM-IAMU, 30/09/11, Time 14:00” and send it to 1909.

Example 2): You have received an SMS / call from 9123456789 on 1st Oct’11 at 11.35am. Then your complaint SMS will be “COMP TEL NO 9123456789, 01/10/11, Time 11:35” and send it to 1909.

Registration of DND complaint through voice call to 1909

Dial 1909 from your mobile and choose to speak with customer care executive to register a complaint for receiving unwanted /unsolicited commercial SMS or call on your phone, even you registered for DND (now NCPR).

Provide the below details of the unsolicited call or message to customer care executive:-

Company / Brand / Telemarketer details
Telephone number or the SMS header of the call / message you received
The date and time of the call
And, description of the call or the message
Then the customer care executive will register a complaint and provide a unique compliant number, keep the number for future reference. Within 7 days of the compliant, you will be informed about the action taken.

NSE has launched a new number to report SMS tips. Report via SMS on 91-8291833676.

Bro i have solution i also irritating. and find this trick. dont forgot to say thanks

Even i used to get daily 5-10 sms only after opening account with zerodha . And there was even no number in the messages. So i called my mobile operators and told him the whole incident. I don’t know how but he blocked all the marketing messages so i recommend you call your mobile operator.

lots of spam sms coming… my shit… dont you have blocked sms features on your i-phones … who cares zerodha is selling clients details or not… just i am concerned about bracket order in MCX.

if you want profit just do opposite of what tip provider tells you

indore based stock tip advisors have been harrassing me.Is there a way to stop them from contacting me? I am fed up of their calls and sms’es-totally unwanted.

@Zam_M

send sms to 1909 - “The unsolicited commercial communication , Mobile No, Date Time” .

This will work only for calls not sms.

For sms, you blocker apps in your phone.

I have a zerodha a/c and had an angel broking account as well. Soon after I updated my contact no with angel broking, I started receiving 2-3 calls every day from various people claiming that they provide trading research and advisory and these calls have continued even though I have closed my angel broking account. Now, I can block nos on my phone but keep getting calls from different nos regularly. I has really become very annoying. How can I deal with this? Can someone tell me how these “trading research cos” get my number and what can be done to stop this once and for all?

I had the same problem too.
I have truecaller installed, and for any no. that is not in my phonebook, I do not attend the call. Check with truecaller later, as unfortunately truecaller does not provide the entire details while the phone is ringing. And then block the caller.
It took me about a fortnight as these spammers were using different nos. Now I dont get any calls from them!
Oh, forgot to mention that once I attended the call and asked for details. I went through their site, unfortunately I dont remember that as it was a long name. During the next call I received, I yelled at them saying the targets are just 0.1% and nobody in their right mind would use that. Then they said about premium calls, obviously priced more! I cut off saying it is too expensive. Blocked him too!

I’m receiving daily many calls from different Financial Advisors daily which I don’t recognize. So is this happening with you all? And where do all these fuckers get our information? A serious issue i think so. They can destroy someone’s life.

Yesterday I got a call from this number.truecaller

Although Zerodha might claim that they dont. It happens through them . It might be difficult to actually find evidence . Have you ever heard of a thief accepting that he has robbed .Indian security markets are one of the most unregulated .

What makes the market move?

Its market movers.

Who are they?

Big institutional players and some random guy with lots and LOTS of money.

Now the big guys has so much damned money that we should just find them and take it all from them and be happy right? but sadly there’s this thing called government,society & law getting in our way so unfortunately we’ll have to do it the hard way and start Gambling.