I am not able to see the demat balance for a security, this is in particular to liquid ETF (LIQUIDBEES), where it periodically gives dividend in terms of additional units

Those units need to manually updated in my portfolio, under Q, in portfolio view, where it says need to enter the value for discrepant trade, but it is not clear. Can someone explain?

I had answered this query just yesterday. Click on this link.

LiquidBEES is a fixed income instrument (similar to fixed deposit). What is unique is that the returns are in terms of new units of liquid bees (in fixed deposit it is money). So if you had Rs 1lk worth of liquid bees ( 100 units bought at Rs 1000), after 1 year assuming you get 6.25% for this, you would get 6.25 new units.

When the new units gets credited, it comes to with no cost. So you need to enter 0 as cost price in the discrepant holdings page on Q. (We are probably the only broker in the country who allow you to edit value of holdings this way for stocks transferred in and for which we don’t have trade prices).

When you enter value as 0 for these 6.25 units, your overall holdings will now be 106.25 units with buy average price of 941 (reduces from 1000). In your holdings visualization, the current price is 1000 buying price is 941, so your P&L will show as Rs 6250.

Btw, this reducing the buying average price for holdings is just to give true picture of the real cost of your holdings. For taxation P&L, these units received as dividends are tax free, so we shouldn’t reduce the price and show notional gains.

2 Likes

Thanks Nithin.
Does the scenario change if the holdings are pledged? As in can you adjust the discrepant holdings in such a scenario?

1 Like

Can anyone give some update for this query ?