I have lost 350000 rs in intraday trade.can I recover my money

But almost everywhere be it on tv channels or even on this portal day trading is encouraged .

Learn to put stop loss

Again my question still stands, how many successful day traders as opposed to successful short term traders / investors? Very very few (and kudos to them of course).

A lot of people day trade with capital of 10k or 20k and expect to make a lot of money to substitute a regular source of income which forces them to use leverage and lose money. It is unrealistic (of course there are always exception to the rules).

I’ve been there too when I was very low on money and thought day trading would help me make a lot of money only to realise that over time I ended up losing a lot of money which could have yielded me good returns had I simply invested in a decent mutual fund or stocks.

Everyone has been there buddy

The root of all evils is simple - “Retailers have low capital to begin with, and high profit targets to reach to”

This one reason alone leads to every trading mistake - revenge trading, over trading, greediness, impatience, improper money management, etc

3 Likes

My target is 40% of my capital. If i have 1 Lkah in my account I use only 40K and 0.5% is my profit and loss percentage. I f I acheive 0.5% profit I exit and same with loss.

Just what I wanted to say…

@billyjango @sabkaview @oomaho @RRathore @SurajM

The only solution is to build your skills genuinely.

2 Likes

Long term investor :rofl:
6012480fa879660faecea590a5d2c71f

5 Likes

Lol :rofl:

I bought 700 pcj @200… can you suggest me what should I do??

I can only suggest you to book loss smartly. Stock is famous for giving random spike without any reason (many call it operator driven).

1. Track the stock on daily basis, and try to sell it on 2nd / 3rd gaining day. You may book all at once or in part as per your comfort level.
2 Likes

Any stocks other than top 20 stocks, never hold them beyond 20% stop loss.

This is the 20-20 principle, always one should follow else investors will lose more money than FNO traders.

1 Like

thankyou :slight_smile:

thankyou for sharing your story… this gonna help me a lot…

1 Like

yes u can recover easily, trade with sl, make ur own strategy to trade, dont trade recommendations.

1 Like

Update

This account is running in profit now :slight_smile::sunglasses:

2 Likes

All of us have had some tough times over the years in the markets. Yes you can but it’s probably best to take a step back and re assess your trading and where you are going wrong.

Some of the best traders in the world have come back from large drawdowns. i would suggest you reduce your trading position size until you get back on your feet.

Psychology will play a big role after a loss and you will always have the mentality that you need to make that money back which is a terrible idea.

So get back to basics.

1. Assess your trades
  2. Try to find patterns of mistakes you are making
  3. Learn from them
  4. Apply your new lessons on much smaller size until you gain some confidence
  5. Always push forward

Hope that helps

TRy to Invest in blue chip and invest for long term.

Bro…in my opinion stop trading & forget about recovery as chances are you may lose more. Most of the traders end up losing…nobody will tell you that after losing. You can see everyone sharing profit screens but not losses. Stay as investor & invest in huge corrections…you will surely succeed.

1 Like

Your though is out of space, like it.

In Zerodha is there a list that mentions the stocks available for Intraday trading? I am sure Zerodha doesn’t allow MIS for Sugar Stocks. Can anyone tell me the list of stocks available for MIS in zerodha?