Is it good enough to rely on automatic buy/sell signal (emotion free) software, where the vendors are increasing(ly) day-after-day claiming 85-90-95-99% accuracy?

… Few are posting screenshots of all the successful trades in many of the advertising forums (Pricing is another factor). Please someone could help and broaden their perspectives.

5 Likes

One should not go for such systems though it is a very good idea to religiously follow well tested mechanical trading systems to get rid of emotional decisions. There are very few successful discretionary traders - traders who are able to manage their emotions and buy/sell purely on their judgment.

Having said that it is best to have one’s own strategy, back test it thoroughly, do a walk forward testing and then follow it strictly. During back testing one needs to be care full not to over optimize, some thing known as curve fitting.

One has to remember following about mechanical systems

1. On an average success ratio of any system may not exceed 60-70%. If the success ratio is high then it is overly optimized system which may not be use full during real trading. If we modify enough parameters and try enough permutation-combination, it is not difficult to get a system with high success ratios. But these systems may not generate enough trades and may fail with slight tweak in parameters. Remeber hind sight is always 20-20.

2. No matter what, all systems(ready made or self created) will have losses and some may have series of losses. Once selected, one should not try to change the parameters to remove those losses. Slight change in parameter changes the system and needs repetition of testing process. One should have faith that over a period of time system will be profitable.

3. One may need multiple systems to cater different markets and different phases of markets.

4. If any system is failing for a lengthy period of time, than market conditions may have changed and may not be suitable for the system. One may temporarily stop using that system till market conditions become favorable.

5. One should periodically review the performance of systems.

18 Likes

Not good enough Upendra. Dont fall for it.

Ask yourself a very simple question…if the vendor has system with 90% accuracy why is he even bothering to sell this piece of gem! They are selling it because they want make money by selling a ‘system’ …if someone has a money making formula he would quietly hide behind a wall and churn all the money for himself and not really sell the system.

I strongly advice you to develop your own system, its hard but its possible. Spend time educating yourself and innovate…this is what will make money for you…not tipsters and ‘system sellers’.

33 Likes

WOW 99% accuracy :slight_smile: . How did i miss that?

2 Likes

Is it possible to trade auto buy/sell through zerodha?

Here’s how it happens.Suppose i have come up with a strategy which is giving me good success ratio.I’ll not give it to anyone.But no strategy survives more than 6 month(let’s say).Afterwards the only way to make money is to sell it to clients.Check them out.Ask for logic(which they obviously will not give).But if you are a beginner then you can have a trial with a well renowned place.But if are a pro don’t fall for it.

I found one interesting tool to trade in derivatives. Check this link.

1 Like

harshad I am also using the same, I trade though Motilal, my friends also have access with Reliance and India Infoline, so seems this is been given by many brokers.

Other thing I like about the tool is Unusual activity screen, that informs me about any change in trend, so I can look at 15 Min built by screen only when I see some trend changing.

I have posted that screen here earlier look at my profile.

more than 10000 views…standing at no.1 position in hot question…shocking

One of the best to way to get good at anything is to see what the best people in this field have done in their journey to success and follow them.

Talk about any successful trader/investor say, Warren Buffett or Rakesh Jhunjhunwala, they have done the best which could have been done and they never used any software systems! Had it been so easy there would have many Rakesh Jhunjhunwala in this country. Unfortunately, that is NOT the case.

May be the system sellers have identified the biggest weakness of traders, the psychological barrier of greed, fear, stress and euphoria and trying to address that. The targeted audience are not the ones who are already doing good but the people who are very much new, impatient and are somehow made to believe that making money is so easy. I do not say that the systems they have built have no logic, but simply buying a mechanical system and expecting it to make millions for you is sheer illogical.

4 Likes

am new to this world of wallas

Based on extensive quantitative research on Indian financial markets, an algorithm has been developed to provide better returns that could beat the human intelligence. 

Price movements of various Stock Futures will be monitored and the Algo picks the high probability trades and instantly triggers the trade alert to your email id.

Algo will mail you the trade alerts in fraction of seconds with the name of the stock, entry price, target, stop loss.. You could exit the stock once you achieve reasonable profits or you can exit the stock when Target is achieved. Check out www.squareoff.in to get email alerts

2 Likes

Technical indicators dont have the capability to integrate the three dimension of a chart : price, time & volume.

For truely 2D & 3D integrated trading techniques feel free to download 100% free professional intraday trading strategies here : http://intradaytradingsecrets.blogspot.in/

The science of technical analysis is authentic and works perfectly fine. Your profit making ability is dependent on your analysis. One thing i have observed is that very short term traders are not making money as market opens gap up or gap down and stop losses of shorts as well as longs are getting triggered. buysellunlistedshares.com is a very good website offering many unique and tested wealth creating ideas and opportunities.

Get best buysell signal with 95% accuracy for amibroker user , to buy buysell signal product visit : www.tradingbuysellsignal.com or call on : +91 9134376691

2.watch candle formation , volume and price change carefully.

1.decide the time interval you want to study. one minute to daily. it depends on how short or long a period you want to hold a particular share or a commodity.

1. over a period of time, you will be your own boss, analyst and a better judge of the market.

2. keep an eye on the previous highs and lows as these act as possible resistance and support levels.

1 Like

Another way of losing money without being emotional. The best way is to find short term and long term investing/trading opportunities applying fundamental research.

I'm using EquityBoss.com that helped me to cherry pick excellent portfolio of stocks delivering solid returns. I find their fundamental research extremely reliable. Their stock idea center is a theme tailored to meet the expectations of different investors such as short-term, long-term, largecapmidcapsmallcap, dividend income and even include F&O positional trading opportunities.

My investing experience has become simple, sensible, confident and most of all, extremely profitable and it can definitely help anyone.  They have a free trial to test drive their product. 

Happy investing!

1 Like

Nice explanation Ajay Sir.

Sir human mind is more power full then any other systems human brain invented machines not vise versa

@Pinkys98765 - Thank you.