Issues of smallcase

Hi smallcase team,
Why is there a timelimit to modify my own smallcase like 5 minutes or so - as soon as the timelimit is reached, session time out, how do you think it’s possible if I need to add 5 stocks and remove 4-5 stocks and save?

I created my own smallcase of 20 stocks in Apr 2022 and bought via smallcase. I need to align this month by removing 8 stocks and adding 8 other stocks, How am I to do this in such short time?
Why for own smallcase edit feature is only during market hours (for an invested self created smallcase)?

Also why i’m unable to realign the weights of my stocks in my once invested smallcase - I can only add /delete , not align the weights…

1 Like

I also observed that customize and weight selection option is available only for newly created smallcase, not one that I used already to execute orders and the one I try to rebalance.

How to calculate SIP rate of returns in smallcase?like n mutual funds it’s based on NAV.
How is it n small case?depending on CAGR??

What are the steps to remove brokers from Smallcase account.

Hi @Anugrah and @smallcase team, here are a few suggestions to your product from my side. Have also communicated them to your support -

1. There is no info about the max amount which can be deployed in a particular smallcase. Only after purchasing one and while I go on to deploying money, it tells me that only 7 lakhs can be deployed. Should be an upfront info before purchase.

2. There should be a choice at my end whether the smallcase manager can directly sell/buy the stocks at my end or if I want to apply my discretion while rebalance. This would enable the manager to sell stocks on the basis of stoplosses directly, completely automatically [on-demand manner] and bypassing me, iff I turn this setting On.

3. One kind of rebalance from the manager’s end comes up when he wants me to sell some shares from stock A to create space for a new stock B. This does not mean that stock A was falling out of the manager’s investment thesis, just that due to the max weightage of 100%, only option is for him to sell stock A [or some quantity of stock A] to create space for stock B. Now in this case, I have extra capital at my end and I don’t want to sell stock A [as it’s still meeting his investment thesis]. So the manager should be able to call this out from his end so that all orders within different rebalance updates falling in this category can be skipped by me by default. Hope I’m making sense. This will - 1. Let me save a lot of capital gain, especially if the rebalance frequency is weekly. 2. Help me ride the stock in momentum [in case stock A is the one whose weightage is continuously increasing due to runup] 3. Save me from the hassle of rejecting the orders falling in this criteria, everytime there is a rebalance update [in my case weekly, as mine has a weekly rebalance frequency].

4. I should be able to set an alert when a particular smallcase’s value falls. So like I set an alert today - alert me when a smallcase Z’s total value falls 25% from today’s NAV or from ATH NAV. So that I can do a better buy on dip. This is actually better than doing an SIP in my view.

5. Pledgeability of constituent stocks should be visible before buying a particular smallcase. For users like me who like to pledge the stocks to do F&O on generated margin, this is a vital info to filter through smallcases. If I an invested through Zerodha, the system should show me [viz., under the tab of ‘Stocks and Weights’] the number of stocks which are unpledgeable for a particular smallcase. Unpledgeability also means the stocks falling in the category of ‘Broker Limit Reached’ [in case of Zerodha]. This info should also be visible on the side of Smallcase manager so that they know that people like me will not be interested in their smallcase if the percentage of unpledgeable stocks is on a higher side.

6. Currently economics calculation for smallcases are based on an amount of 1 lakh invested. I think this can be made dynamic so that I can fill any amount from my side to get a clear economics on the amount I want to deploy.

No one can trade on your behalf (except for mutual funds). Smallcase manager cannot do it even if smallcase adds such settings because they can’t as per SEBI rules. They are not asset managers since stocks are in your account.

Entire point of smallcase is it happens with your knowledge. If you want someone to manage your money for you, you can apply for a PMS or a mutual fund.

Yes this is must have, native support for communications between the research analysts.

Another thing is that the research and inclusion criteria is heavily lacking. All smallcases I’ve seen just tell Nifty 500/BSE 500 as universe and then “proprietary model based on many criteria”.