Just suggest please

I have already invested 1lakh in different stocks for delivery / cnc. Seniors please suggest me am I wrong. If I am wrong. Then how to invest.I want to say about money management. Please guide me. I have attached that I hold also that brought today.

2 Likes

If you are new to investing then why not just start small instead of the big size you are carrying… Learn by investing small after doing your own research using a backtested system that has positive returns over a sufficient periods of time… Otherwise you will only go around in circles… Make a few gains and then one or two loss wiping out all of that and more…

Money management is they key thing… The amount you want to lose is totally your control… Remember you have to cut the losses short if you ever hope in surviving this game… Now if you are confident in your investments then you may average down your position but do so very carefully/cautiously with proper money management so that you will be comfortable with the money you are willing to loose… Otherwise you will only be adding to your losers hoping for it to return and when it won’t you may find yourself down by a couple thousands before you realize what has happened.

So again first take a lot of time to learn what you want to do. Then start small and follow a healthy money management technique. I wish i followed a strict money management technique when i started out but like most other had to learn the hard brutal way.

One more thing the market is always right… Don’t fight it… But embrace it and learn to abide by it… If you fight it you are gone…

Its difficult to get it right, with too many stocks on your portfolio, Its more difficult to get it right with just one.

With too many stocks, you will average out in the long run. In contrary to what many analyst keep asking the retail investors to do.

Here is one Trivia. If you look at the individuals ( not representing Fund Managers or Institutions ) who have made their wealth out of Investing , they were STUCK with just one (or 2, being optimistic) stocks with a large portion of their wealth invested in them, Bill gates, Jeff Bezos, Mark Zukerberg, Mohammed Anwar Ahmed The ones you commonly hear do not have multiple stocks in their portfolio.

1 Like

I don’t want to be harsh but this is not the right time to go long.

Experience tells that Markets move in cycles. The bullish phase is over or is going to get over soon. Geo-political situations are averse, there is uncertainty on monsoonal outcomes as many regions are flooded and crops destroyed, Rupee is down, Turkish Lira effect, Trade wars, Trump playing out, etc. etc.

Please stay away from Equity market until the long due correction ends. Nifty Option Chain
“change in OI” clearly depicts the overall market sentiments. IPOs are also synonym to an upcoming correction. India’s economic motive is bullish and will remain bullish to its potential but timing it, is the challenge. This is not the right time to go long, people are greedy which will soon turn into fear, start buying when that fear peaks. Let the market make things cheap for you. Stocks have gotten expensive now-a-days.

I do not intend to give you gyaan, surely, you will have to take your own call. In trading there is a saying, “Cut your losses quickly, profit take care of themselves”.

Please study hard!
All the best…

P.S. You have also committed a textbook crime in VEDL known as “Averaging Out” in sheer hope of a reversal. Hope is bad in the markets. Has never helped in the long run, and shall never help. Please refrain from doing it.

You have emotions, stocks doesn’t.
-Buffett

5 Likes

Thanks a lot manisastral.at the first I have started with 10k. At 1st means 1 month ago… After daily market watching I think invest more.like this with in few days I have invested in various company’s stock.
I think that if I invested in cnc basis.so after few month later it sure increases price.
I show you all my holding stocks. Please tell me if it in frofit.then when I exit? Like Rs 500 profit or more.

P.S. You have also committed a textbook crime in VEDL known as “Averaging Out” in sheer hope of a reversal. Hope is bad in the markets. Has never helped in the long run, and shall never help. Please refrain from doing it.

I don’t understand what you said… Please explain…
Thank u

Oh boy!

Wait for few more days SEBI will let you know the meaning of “Averaging Out”.

I pray to the Lord that He beseech the least pain for you and make you remember that every pain in the market is self-inflicted. Let the markets teach you the meaning - it will make you strong and more responsible before throwing away your hard-earned money.

:smiley:

2 Likes

The trend this year has been simple - stocks moving up will create new highs and those going down will show fake upmoves then resume down movement.

I am guessing you invested in TATAMOTORS and VEDL just because they are available cheap, but you should know people are trying to find the bottom of TATAMOTORS since 3 months and have been unsuccessful. And VEDL also seems to be in downtrend along with its sector.

In such stocks if you invest with long term perspective, by only putting 50% (of what u want to put in these two stocks, not 50% of total) now, and then later average over long term, then also fine.

But if you are going to book loss in weeks or months, or get panicky when they fall 10-20% more, its not recommended.

3 Likes

:frowning:️ So what I do now?

Exactly! This is the question, which you should have asked yourself before taking the trades.

PLAN YOUR TRADES BEFORE TAKING THEM. AND FOLLOW YOUR PLAN. Stop not until a plan satisfies you, because the market is ever ready to ruin your plan.

Art of war by Sun Tzu. You are your “Commander”, sleep not till you find your “Method and discipline”.

Take no revenge for losses, they were self-inflicted. Rather become a “Student of the Market”. Dive deep man…Let the R&D begin!

This is your map - Stages of a True Trader

1 Like

Thank you for helpful guidelines… May I hold VEDL and TATAMOTORS stocks or exit? Please guide me. I show my all stocks and positions. Please guide me…

Continue trading stocks like a video game using an Android App.

Stages of a true trader is :ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand:awesome

1 Like

I notice that all the stocks you bought at betweenINR180 and INR250. Any reasons? You could have gotten better deals with Hindunilever / Reliance / Bata etc., (people say that they are over valued but it is usually stocks with high PE which continue to rise in a bull market, so long as you play it safe and ride the trend, you should be good). Just look at their graph this month alone

No man its not like that. Rs 500 profit it totally a relative term. Your profit should be based on clear cut reasonable targets according to your Risk Reward profile. Thats why i think you should learn as much as you can at first. And then start small so that you won’t be affected by the inevitable losses that will occur time to time. And don’t add to your losers like @AmbedkarsFinger has mentioned. Don’t try to average out you don’t know how fast price can fall and how far.

Hi @Vandana1 I am seconding you. Yes it’s really awesome :+1: I hope you are nearing the Expert Trader phase.

1 Like

Start by reading beginner books like Trading for a Living by Alexander Elder. Go to https://zerodha.com/varsity/ and start reading to really understand how and what is Mr. Market.

These are good starting point and will guide you. But don’t hurry with it in hopes of making quick money. There is no such thing , in the long run the market teaches everyone.

Hahaha :joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat:
@AkashKB
That’s the joke of the day … but seriously I am trying my best to reach there … currently at the determined trader stage :joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat:
But I refer to the rigorous training you gave me whenever I need to make decision.

Trying my very best each day …I hope I can make you proud of me one day :innocent:

1 Like

Currently trying to deal with a new hurdle which sebi is likely to place … markets place new challenges in all forms everyday … taking this too as a challenge in my evolution …hope I’ll scrape through

3 Likes