Kotak says that companies like Zerodha are going to close and is it true that companies like Zerodha make pool account & keep our money in that?

@nithin,
Sir i have bought one company’s share, on the next day it started going down so i place the sell order but i don’t know due to some error it didn’t sell and now everyday it goes down and down, and now i’m not able to sell it.
One of my friend has MNCL account and he sold shares and i stuck.

Which stock was this?

Interesting post, sooner full service (god knows where is full service) brokerage houses understand game is changed better for them. Discount brokerage is not something criminal activity but unbundling of a service on multi sided platforms.

Actually in the name of bundling I am still getting half cooked research reports and stock name like social networking buzzes. Sooner people understand that money is not made with a name only better for them. Hardly 20% of game, skills and challenge lies with execution which includes risk management, position size and behavioural finance. No one is going to do it for you! Actually Zerodha loops the self reinforcing method!

By the way coming to pool of money, little truth is there. Because laws are governed by SEBI and exchanges.

1. If I keep excessive money in ledger that’s my problem. If I buy through exchange everything lands up in demat account. NSDL/CDSL manages demat, not for Zerodha but for everyone. No one is going siphon that away just like that. As a good practice I check NSDL statement (sent to you every month) at least once in 15 days. Hardly 2 minutes job!
  2. Fund balancing reporting is mandatory including Zerodha. We keep getting SMS and mails.
  3. Idle balance is auto settled again for all brokers.

It’s a swallow agreement to conclude money will vanish as rules of game is decided by authorities and discipline needs to be from us.

By the way I have sent mail to Mr Kamath appreciating his good services. The amount of brokerage I have saved eventually added 2% to my average margin. I will continue to congratulate him for being a disrupt-or to highly unruly bunch of over charging brokers.

Who is stopping brokers to make it free? It’s a level playing field. If your PMS and research is razor sharp they will sell. Why worry?

8 Likes

It maybe that 3in1 account providers venting out saying such things as Z is taking over their share of the pie because of superior technology and low charges. I’m new to zerodha, started using your platforms just recently and really loving it. @nithin Great job!

Fake news all along

Zerodha is good broker working on low margins and also providing stock market courses to people.

Mukesh_Kapoor,

I used to like Zerodha Products and there passion for building new technology and also thought that Zerodha will shine among others but not any more…

After the recent incident(25th October) I feel what people are talking about Zerodha shutting down and all its not too far… Company like KOTAK is saying then there must be some facts.

Read about the recent issue here - Both my SL and target on bracket orders got hit, what do I do now?

Check Twitter on how people struggled with this issue…

2 Likes

Zerodha should start offering 3 in 1 account.
Bank account, demat & trading all in one.

It will create BIG BANG in the market & companies like Kotak will lose all their clients.

As the name says, Zerodha, one should get a ZERO balance account with zerodha & other attractive benefits. Also savings interest rate can be higher.
People will shift to Zerodha in no time.

Lots of zerodha traders dont park their money in trading account. If Zerodha offers 3 in 1 account, rest assured that zerodha will also receive high liquidity. And hassles of DP charges while buying & selling equities will no longer be into effect.

Zerodha can start like an ewallet digi bank with branches only in Metro cities & later after having huge success can increase the number of branches along with normal bank operations.

4 Likes

If it is on Twitter then it must be True. Can you please tell me how to close Zeroddha account? Should I wait until Monday to withdraw my funds or should I visit their office on Sunday itself?

well guess what (https://zerodha.com/z-connect/zerodha/bulletin-latest-at-zerodha/we-are-now-the-3rd-largest-stock-broker-in-india)

Zerodha really have lots of potential, and probably has the best potential for being the best platform for intraday traders… as it has all the parameters viz., its interface, api, bracket orders/ leverage. However all is good till we look into tradeble intraday stocks, they need to have a more liberal and better managed stock picking policy. Total number of stocks tradeable on margin is about 438 (earlier it was 250 odd so no doubt its better now) still thats too is short for intraday traders atleast it should allow 700 stocks to trade on. As ask any intraday trader he would need stocks that move. and stocks of 438 obviously on most days are stocks that wouldnt move. So its like “So close yet So far”. Zerodha has the best platform but there are no trains comming in. Nothing to trade, Really Nithin you should think about this. We admire your work, but then thats all we can do as we dont have the required stocks to trade on zerodha…

Zerodha closed 60 day brokerage refund and also referral system. In their website they accept that most are delivery trades.

I believe zerodha earns none from delivery trades. So since most are delivery based trades I think they are facing fund shortage. So they closed all the above promotion. They are fighting hard to survive.

Yes they are in no 3 spot but if your majority are delivery trades then I would worry a little.

I fear that zerodha will shut down.

Mumbai, May 2, 2018: Kotak Securities Ltd. (KSL) today announced its vision for the future of stock market
investing in the presence of Vikram Limaye – Managing Director & CEO of National Stock Exchange. With
an aim to become a catalyst in wealth creation for the nation and the common man, KSL today launched
‘Free Intraday Trading’ - a first of its kind offering that gives self-directed investors freedom from brokerage
on intraday trades across cash, future and options segments at an annual subscription of Rs. 999/-. Further,
investors get free access to KSL’s research and robust technology platform for seamless and secure
execution of trade transactions.
Free Intraday Trading is KSL’s innovation-led ambitious organic growth charter to double its customer base
in 18 months. It will change dynamics of the broking industry as secondary market volumes will grow
exponentially.
KSL’s endeavour to boost retail participation in stock markets derives strength from the structural reforms
initiated by the government – a stable and thriving IndiaStack, formalisation of the Indian economy (GST)
and financial savings (less-cash digital India), which has led to significant growth in all forms of financial
assets. Further, India has the potential to be a US$ 10 trillion economy by 2030.
Vikram Limaye, Managing Director & CEO, National Stock Exchange Ltd. said, “Though equity markets are
well developed in India, only 5% of household savings finds its way here. Structural changes in the Indian
economy have resulted in robust growth in all forms of financial assets including direct investments in
capital markets. This aids capital formation, which in turn helps employment generation. I commend Kotak
Securities for coming up with innovative products to improve retail participation.”
Kamlesh Rao, Managing Director & CEO, Kotak Securities Ltd. said, “We have always believed in value
creation for our stakeholders. Free Intraday Trading has all the right ingredients – technology, free research
and cost economics, to deepen and widen equity markets as it will encourage retail participation and
further aid channelling of savings into the formal system. As market intermediaries, the onus is on us to
break barriers and help millions of Indians achieve their wealth creation goals through informed, friction-
free access and in a cost efficient manner. Free IntraDay Trade will drive up market volumes as well, and a
robust secondary market augurs well for wealth creation for India and the common man.”
“Kotak Securities’ is on the cusp of innovation led growth. With Free IntraDay Trade, we are embarking on
a bold organic growth journey. We are aiming to double our customer base in 18 months”, added Rao.
As a digital pioneer in the broking industry, KSL has invested in an ecosystem that facilitates economic and
efficient trading experience to customers. Last year, KSL launched ‘Chat to trade’, ‘Happy Hours’, ‘Happy
Day’ and ‘Double or Quits’.

I am thinking there may be some hidden terms.

I fire daily average 20 trades which is 400 /- per day in Zerodha. Which is around 1 lakh per year. These all come to me for 999 /-. Any body contacted them ? If any body got details share over here.

If thats the case they will impliment minimal brokerage for delivery , they are not facing any such so thats why. Not implimenting lol. Server pe load Padre tha end time me toh 20 per trade lagadia and unka survival is at stake and they will not introduce charge on delivery?

Its only for intraday- Carried over positon will be charged extra at normal rate: Clarification on their site. Funny FnO trades carried over beyond a day is called delivery trades. Innovation! u see…

In case you rollover your position beyond the day, the trade gets converted into a delivery trade, in which case, brokerage will be charged.

I am pure intraday trader. Usually place 20 orders a day. It means am I beneficial with it ?

http://comparebrokerages.in/compare/zerodha/hdfcsec/adityabirla%20money

wheather data is correct or wrong?

You are paying 999/- as overall brokerage per year. You will still be paying the other taxes and charges.

if there is loss of 100 crores… then zerodha will raise brokarage for delivery trades?