Loss in 4 lakh in intraday trade

I have lost my 4 lakh from last 7 month.iam use my personal loan amount for daily trading .Can I recover my money. Iam using daily trade in intraday cash margin…Iam very hopeless …I have 12 lakh person loan amount …Iam frustrated …And getting all time in tension .

forget about recovering the money …
stop trading and watch it from sidelines

8 Likes

Dear trader,
First of all sorry for your loss . my condolence.
Secondly , you need to explain us how and what you traded. what sort of trader you are… whats your trading background.
– how do you chose your stock to trade, did you pick them randomly or did you take any calls from companies.
– if it is your own analysis then you have to look back and stratify your strategy before you trade. Trading is an art. you cannot be millionaire overnight.

you need not to get frustrated , meantime read books form a strategy like define entry and exit levels , stick to your SL.

Take lose if your wrong. dont try to prove yourself right just to satisfy your ego.

do not take revenge trades. If possible avoid trading for a while and start investing meanwhile do form a trading strategy and do paper trading.

–never trade with loaned amount or borrowed money–

7 Likes

My advice would be to try delta neutral strategies. You can’t get rich in a day but if done right you can easily generate 5 to 10k. Decrease your position size in futures.

2 Likes

Just one more thing you need to rethink is when you took loan what was your plan to repay? Did you had any proven or atleast a strategy to implement and generate a good sum? If not then it’s just gambling my friend. Even I lost about 2 lks in last three months but it was my hard earned money it didn’t feel good but I considered it as tuition fee and forgot. Now I alert and only doing low risk strategies in BNKNIFTY options. No futures no equity just sticking to BNKNIFTY options.

Read: https://zerodha.com/varsity/module/option-strategies/

specially Put Ratio Back spread and Call Ratio Back spread are very good if you have capital to write options.

1 Like

I lost 4 lakhs too due to intraday and future trading without stop loss in just two trades.

It is possible to recover the money slowly by following an option strategy in options trading.

Always prefer an option strategy with limited risk.

The concept of options trading is limited loss and unlimited profit. But it is very risky as you may loose your entire money if you don’t follow a strategy.

Take your time and learn about options trading. Then learn about different options strategy that favor current market Outlook.

With 4 lakhs I can make around 5 to 10 thousand per day with less risk. If you are good at options strategy you can probably make more money and start recovering your loses within a span of 6 months to 1 year.

3 Likes

Yes you can! Day trading should be treated like Test cricket and not T20. Similar to Test cricket batting, in day trading you have to bide your time and wait for the right time and opportunity to enter a trade, rather than trade out of compulsion and try to force things. Opportunities will come (such as the last hour selloff today and metal stocks bloodbath yesterday) where you can mint money with minimal risks. Accumulate small profits over a long period of time - don’t try to recover one year’s losses in two weeks.

If possible, maintain a daily tradebook, and analyze and note down what went right/wrong in each trade. This has helped me greatly to learn from my mistakes.

Unlike other people I would not suggest you to stop day trading. Day trading can be highly rewarding for those who have a disciplined approach.

4 Likes

Stop trading. Start investing.

This is my personal portfolio.
All the buying price entered are 52 week highs or nearby (I don’t like to remember actual buying price just to avoid the temptation to sell). All these are longterm investments (3-5 yrs).

3 Likes

Its showing 3lakh loss after 4 years where is the gain??

1 Like

Portfolio was made 4 months ago. All the buying price entered are 52 week highs or nearby (I don’t like to remember actual buying price just to avoid the temptation to sell). All these are longterm investments (3-5 yrs).
My buying price is lower than what is entered. If you see DHFL buying price which is entered is 700. DHFL lifetime high is 679. I do this just to get rid of the temptation to sell.

Matured investors can understand that all the buying prices entered are above the 52 week highs. Check it for all my scripts.

what do you mean by 4 yrs ?

NEVER TRADE ON LOAN MONEY… Start Investing in good companies and you might recover the money.

3 Likes

i have already posted money management rules for no loss in this forum… everythings is in details… check out that… hopes admin of the forum have not deleted that eye opening post… sometimes they put public post to private post category … better go to quara page

Always trade from saved money even it may be for 1 lot and not from borrowed money…making money in market consistently is quite tough.one of my friend had also took personal loan and traded and he is now jobless unable to pay emi and he cant even life his regular life

i have already posted money management rules for no loss in this forum… everythings is in details… check out that… hopes admin of the forum have not deleted that eye opening post… sometimes they put public post to private post category … better go to quara page

1 Like

Today was a good day

2 Likes

I have lost 22 Lakhs and stopped losing untill I quit trading :sunglasses:, Simple rule avoide go much deep until you have proper knowledge and strength to bear loss. Never take loan for trading.

1 Like

@Vijays check here

https://www.quora.com/Which-one-is-easy-currency-forex-or-commodity-mcx-or-stock-equity

its portfolio no use showing daily gain… its unrealized profit…