Losses in Trade,,

I do short/long term investments, as well as, Intraday too… I made considerable losses in Intraday, over past few months…

Recently, I subscribed to a TIP service, and learnt a new strategy (of course, it’s new for me, not all)… I started converting loss making MIS trades to NRML & carry forward loss making transactions to next day or may be even further… I’m doing this since a week or so, and my loss making days have have reduced, and also the amount of losses shrinked considerably…

My experience says, in case of F&O (particularly Nifty & BankNifty), chances of recovery are better in subsequent day/s…

But, yes this is possible only if you have sufficient CASH on hand… it’s more easier in F&O as it requires less CASH & you can hold sold ones too… in Equity carry forward of Sold isn’t possible…

Comments are welcome…

Regards,
Happy Trading…

2 Likes

Positional trading is better chances of profits

I m wondering if this strategy will work on a trending market.

Best thing when faced with continuous loss is to take a break(actually transfer all funds out). Then contemplate and rework strategies. Mind works in totally differnt way when u r out of matket

4 Likes

I agree, when facing continuous losses, a break should be taken.

1. While trading daily, the trader is fixated on one script. Break will help the trader to look for better performing scripts.

2. Rework strategies.

3. Continuous loss making trades will force the trader to become more aggressive and biased inturn leading to more losses.

2 Likes
Initially ihave traded index futures but that didnt suit me for some reasons then i moved to options again that disint suit me,then for some time i scanned opening high/low in stock futures and  still that was unreliable as either it already finished its moves or make a u turn after we buy,so I thought of figuring out how others do and finally came to know that others actually play it with some gap playing strategies they look out for gap up/down stocks so once i traded that and the real issue with that is fixing the target and entering at right time even if we miss millisecond we are finished.

But one beautiful thing we noted in stock futures is mostly we will hang around breakeven to mild loss…

Finally shiek explained about the hedging strategy in sunpharma with options and my friend does that now daily and he seems to be in green but the issue is profit margin is very less still its good.