NF and BNF charts for last 2 years

Hi,

How am i supposed to backtest nifty future data for past 2 years or so when chart shows feed for last 3 months only?
I believe most of traders would have already raised this issue.

@NithinKamath @nithin @siva @hanan

Can someone pls get back on this issue.

Thanks.
VD

We offer you continuous futures charts for this, check this

That was quick Nithin.
Appreciate!

Thanks.

@nithin
Hi,

Can we expect continuous futures data in lower TF also?
Preferably 5 min?

Thanks.

like professional software, very good to compare for spot and future.

This is on our list of things to do.

Suggest you to just see the index data instead of futures if it is for this usecase. Futures almost mirrors the index.

Long back, I was told to use future charts to trade options because index charts were not available (or had pre-market session data in charts).

:slight_smile:

It depends on requirement, now we have both futures and Index charts on daily timeframe for longer periods, if one really want minute data on futures for much longer duration alternatively one can derive it theoretically from Index( spot S) as F = S*e^rt, where F is future, r is interest rate, though this may not be a exact match to future price but can serve purpose of analyzing options.
Also we are working to provide intra time period data on futures for much longer periods though this will take some more time.

1 Like

@nithin
Sure we can use but Index does not have volume chart.
How to go about then?

Can use continuous futures volume for daily timeframe on index, even intraday data volume of current month can give upto last 3 month data.