Online Shares Transfer from 1 broker to Another

I want to transfer my shares online from my Demat account with broker motilal Oswal to my another broker (here zerodha ).
What is the process for this ,other than option of DIS(Delivery Instruction Slip) ?
And what charges are taken by motilal oswal ?

Not possible to transfer demat shares without DIS ,be it off market or market…kindly ask your DP managed by motilal oswal to issue to a DIS and than in off market mode transfer the desired shares to zerodha. off market transfer charges will be on percentage basis with some nominal minimum charges.it is a very simple process .

1 Like

Market trade is possible without DIS with nsdl and cdsl electronic transfer facilities by a stamp paper agreement with DP and Broker. Off market is not possible.

Hi Rohht . I recently (6 months back) did a similar kind of thing of consolidating all my portfolio into one broker .I moved all my scripts from ICICI , BgSE —> Zerodha . Following is the procedure and charges applicable for me (Guess same would be applicable for you )

1. For shares xfer from your account from one broker to new broker i was not charged Zero . Both ICICI and BgSE had zero charges .But you would need DIS ( Delivery Instruction Slip) and it was bit cumbersome to fill that form .It took more time for filling in all those details than the transfer itself

2. But if you xfer shares from another account (in jmy case my wife’s account) to your account was charged around Rs 40 per script (irrespective of number of shares) . Ex I transfered around company shares from my wifes account to mine , i was charged Rs 40 .Here as well you would need DIS form . Filling that was most painful thing

3. If you do not have Large quantoty of shares best is sell them in one broker and buy them from Zerodha :slight_smile:

4. Yeah you may miss out on brokerage but worth taking into consideration the pain what you will go

5. In my case was for sure saving on brokerage .Hence had to do it

1 Like

Yes
The same thing i noticed that its a long process because of lenghty paper processing and not having online process.
I have 5 scripts in my portfolio and for each script sell from dp is charged 35 Rs per script and brokerage @ 0.3 % .
I have 5 scripts for total 60k, so i thinnk its better to sell in market and purchase in zerodha if its not have that much saving .

And thank you all :slight_smile:

But i already have DIS issued my Motilal Oswal Broker ,after having DIS ,Still is it lenghty process and charges involved ?

in my view filling up of an off market DIS slip is less than 1 minute process and yes you have to manually submit the same to the dp where the account is maintained .charges will be there from minimum to in % if the quantity is high value .

Ohk if saves cost for me then i will go for DIS process ,
As per this process i have to send to Zerodha at Banglore .

right now you have shares in Motilal oswal so you have to submit the duly filled(in favor of entity whom you want to transfer )DIS to local office of Motilal oswal (the office where DP section is there) .

1 Like

Ohk got it .
Thank you

May be I am late but you can transfer one broker to other via easiest facility of CDSL