Option data importing from google finance (open interest & implied volatility)

guys please help i want to import option chain data to my google sheet from google finance. if any one knows how to do it please tell me i am going nuts finding solution for this problem.
thanks.!!

4 Likes

@soumyaroswell Hello Google Finance doesn’t provide NSE/BSE Derivatives data. :thinking:
YOU can use HTML import url table to GOOGLE SHEET from NSE.
It will be better to IMPORT data to EXCEL for any analysis. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

would you please elaborate the steps concerned, i would really appreciate it. thanks

2 Likes

FOR GOOGLE SHEETS just type in cell C5

=IMPORTHTML(“https://www.nseindia.com/live_market/dynaContent/live_watch/option_chain/optionKeys.jsp?symbolCode=-10000&symbol=NIFTY&symbol=NIFTY&instrument=-&date=-&segmentLink=17&symbolCount=2&segmentLink=17","table”,3)

IF GET ERROR after pasting above formula then JUST delete double quote " and type again from keyboard.

You will get complete OPTION chain of NIFTY and for other INDICES/STOCKs just change URL.

:slight_smile:

Remember One thing you will easily get this from google search Bcoz here it may not be possible to explain everything.

8 Likes

hey there, thank you so much i got it. but i am not quiet sure how to import future contracts data.
below is the url , i want to import FnO stock’s open interest data to google sheet. is it possible?

https://www.nseindia.com/products/content/equities/equities/oi_spurts.htm

hey thank you so much for the assist, now i know how to do it. thank you.

1 Like

you’re welcome :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey, were you able to import data into spreadsheet from this link?? Could you share it in case you were able to?

2 Likes

Guys i am interested in knowing any formula which can be used to track OPEN Interest changes real time - I have a link which shows but dunot know how to use the formulae. sharing the link in which it shows. can some one help to populate the similar way -

1 Like

how to use that could you please share the formulae

1 Like

@saurav.singh It’s already given above just copy paste on google sheet cell.
It will just fetch OPTION CHAIN data from NSE website nothing special.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

@saurav.singh, @Roopal_Nema VISIT SHEET
FORMULA Has been pasted on cell B4 :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Thanks Roopal for all your effort much appreciated. can we connect as need few more understanding and help as well. What’s ur mail ID is mine is [email protected] also if possible pls share ur number - mine is 9029034249

1 Like

can you help me developing one sheet which give’s a crisp picture if i have ur number i can share that as i am not able to share the link here or even mail id as well work

1 Like

i need to develop this screener -“https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1siURkr_BX02-PuHgC3rjzdOrVltzFXrqz4qh1F1XPpc/edit#gid=1963503276”
can you help me with this screener

1 Like

Dear @saurav.singh,
I have visited link F&O SCREENER, NIFTY BANK NIFTY, So what did you want I can help with code but where you will get live QUOTE of F&O as GOOGLE FIN only provide CASH MKT and Phoenix Screener v b3.1p which you provided I don’t think is LIVE it will be some delayed quote.

Unfortunately I can’t share my CONTACT NO & also this may be against FORUM Rules.
Post you req in this post.
I will try to solve. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s ok don’t share your no. I am just interested in the tab “Sectorial” how to plot that view which is reflecting in that tab as it give clear output of top 10 stocks’s changes sector wise in one view. Just need help in plotting that view and also yes it’s real time as it keep on auto refreshing every moment

2 Likes

That’s ok don’t share your no. I am just interested in the tab “Sectorial” how to plot that view which is reflecting in that tab as it give clear output of top 10 stocks’s changes sector wise in one view. Just need help in plotting that view and also yes it’s real time as it keep on auto refreshing every moment
Help me plotting that tab would really be great help

1 Like

IN Sectorial TAB they have just used conditional formatting & Charts and for DATA you can use GOOGLE FINANCE Attribute LIVE data its very EASY.
AND its NIFTY 200 stock list which can easily available here http://www.niftyindices.com/IndexConstituent/ind_nifty200list.csv
YOU will get STOCK LIST with SECTOR.

hope this will help. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks Bro - but could you help me with the conditional formatting formula to be used to make such sector wise details which capture Increase in price - increase in volume - increase in Open Interest. and those stock only will flash. can you help me ! that too sector wise. Please help.

2 Likes