Prospects of Renewable, Clean, Green Energy Sector in India?

How long do you think the fossil fuel and natural resources based industries (Coal India, Producing coal to electricity, petrol and diesel vehicles) will be dead, and clean, green solar energy, electric vehicles etc. will find its way?

Which listed companies are working in the following sectors:

1. Solar energy
  2. Electric vehicles,
  3. Waste management

I know of Suzlon, primarily in wind energy, but the market performance is not that impressive. ReNew Power and Greenko are not yet listed.

Where do you see the light at the end of the tunnel for such companies? When is the good time to put your money where the mouth is?

Coal forms the biggest source of energy provider for india right now.
For developing countries like india clean and renewable energy vehicles are not that affordable. they can be part of our urban life but not of rural area where still cost is measure driving factor.
Near future i think clean energy vehicles can eat upto 20-30 % of total urban vehicle consumption that again with heavy government financial support.
For related companies you can refer to moneycontrol sector wise companies. there is separate classification for each sector.

My biggest investment is in renewables. Here is an illustration of the potential

But there are a lot of regulatory hurdles. I’ll share a more detailed view when I have time,

I was expecting your reply and you did. Thanks :slight_smile:

Yes, I second your views. Renewable energy has great scope in this country, especially solar energy, and in our tradition and culture, we worship God sun as well. Which listed companies are working on it?

I had visited Sweden 2 years back and I got to know that it is world’s largest importer of garbage to produce electricity. They don’t produce much waste in their country so they import it from neighboring countries. I had also read that Sweden and Mumbai are officially talking about waste management to produce electricity. Imagine the pile of garbage produced in Mumbai city only. Hence, I was wondering which are those companies eyeing for sustainable business and development?

1 Like

More news about this renewable energy sector.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/industry/energy/power/cppib-to-buy-15-per-cent-in-renew-power/articleshow/61841385.cms

Another update:-

1 Like