Risk - Strategize Your Trades

Wild card product search enabled -

Cheers!

Ok, correct me if I am wrong, i remember i have read ,theta is how much the premium will reduce with respect to date. So in the attached screenshot the premium is 2 rupees but the theta is 28plus , actually it should be less than 2 rite,how and can you please explain?

1 Like

Hmm. I see your point …

So the calculation for Theta is not incorrect but the unit is different. It is basically yearly. The more relevant value for Theta Decay is per day in Indian context … which is 0.0781 here. And if you do 28.504/0.0781= 365. The yearly calculation is more relevant in US context with something called LEAP options which go to the tune of more than a year Days To Expiry (DTE). Also, will ensure other % values are correctly shown in terms of general understanding.

I also see another problem with product name if the strike price has decimal value.

Will get this right … First thing in the morning tomorrow …
Pretty valuable feedback. Thanks @muthu1984 for pointing it out.

1 Like

Thank u @Risk.Money

Hi @muthu1984

Have shown Theta in more conventional terms, fixed the decimal in strike price product issue and made percentage display more in line with conventions.

Really appreciate your feedback. Do let me know if there are any further concerns …

Hi All,

I really felt sorry for @Shivkumar_Pasi after reading the story herein -

One of the reasons why trading is so hard is because we are all unique in terms of our thought process, risk appetite, behaviour, mood, psychology, etc. That is why it is so hard to teach it as well for what works for one may not work for other. As a matter of fact, our experience can be the best teacher and approach herein. But we forget our experiences and end up making same mistakes again.

With that in mind, I have introduced a simple new feature of journal keeping tightly integrated with the overall app. You can make notes on your holdings, positions, orders and even add self notes. And review it before you start next day to ensure you do not make the same mistakes again. By the end 3 months, your journal will be the best book you will ever need to read.

Attaching a simple workflow for your reference …

Hope you like the journaling feature. Do let me know your views …

Cheers,
Risk.Money

3 Likes

Thank you @Risk.Money. And all the best for RICO

1 Like

I personally feel font size is little bigger on all pages, maybe you can check with few others also.

1 Like

When I click on journal app is crashing.

1 Like

All the best. Can u please tell him how I can use this for trading Index futures?

1 Like

Hi @siva. You are right … It has been an input before … I will see what can be done … and come back with a better look and feel. Thanks for the feedback.

Oh! You stole my thunder :slight_smile: Yup … thats an awesome new feature I am working on. RICO stands for RIsk Compliance Officer … which will analyse your trade data and then automatically fill your diary for those given dates. It is supposed to ensure Risk Compliance and get you in the habit of risk management from day 1. Stay tuned …

Ok. I think it was an issue related to DBVersion if it is bumped up while missing an update. Have fixed in the latest release … Should be fine … Thanks for pointing out.

Thanks. Sure. In its simplest form - Use Risk Dashboard > Strategize > Single Order > NIFTY18MAYFUT

You can also use - Slicing Order, Strategy Order, Basket Order … do explore. The idea is to have risk analysis even before you place an order.

1 Like

@Risk.Money I have an idea but implement it if possible, many people will set the target as percentage, for example the risk reward ratio is 1% : 1%, but they need to calculate seperately using calculator to arrive the target price.

so it would be helpful to set the SL & Target order by specify the pecentages in you risk app and the same can be converted to prices, then place the orders in Zerodha.

Basically the idea is placing BO in Percentage

Note: i know the price will be fluctuating in live trade, so this shall be applied only to LMT order.

Brilliant. I will do this. It perfectly fits in the overall idea of “enabling retail investors with institutional risk management tools.” I can actually implement a number of other pricing ways like pegged to midpoint, pegged to market, snap to midpoint, etc. along with percentage/ratios you suggested.

Also, had some offline request for brokerage calculation before order is placed. So like you are looking for an intraday profit of only 5 Rs. but the brokerage+tax will eat away 40+ Rs in buy/sell. The idea is to know it before hand on realtime basis and find those crucial profit break even points. Will combine all these pricing requests and work it out for release by weekend along with BO/CO.

Thanks @muthu1984 for the awesome suggestions … :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks @Risk.Money

Why this app is asking to reset the kite password while logging in using Kite account?

?? It simply opens the Zerodha’s login page via kite connect. 1.) You may have mistakenly pressed - Forgot Password. 2.) Or your account may be blocked by Zerodha or 3.) It may be a first time login.

Either way, I would recommend you resolve the login issue with Zerodha and then try login here on Risk.

Once again, we simply take you to zerodha’s page for login using kite connect. All communication is via HTTPs.

@Risk.Money How does Risk app create monetary benefit for developers?
Do you get any commission from brokerage?