Should I register on Central Depository Services (India) Limited (CDSL)?

I see it’s a free service and following the list of services get:

• Viewing / downloading / printing details of securities held in your demat account
  • Valuation of your portfolio
  • Viewing / downloading / printing details of transactions executed in your demat account
  • Viewing multiple demat accounts through a single login id.
  • Monitoring corporate announcements like dividend declaration, bonus, rights etc. related to the securities held in your demat account. If you want to monitor such announcements for securities which are as yet not a part of your portfolio, you can simply add these securities (upto 25) and you will get the information.

I don’t multiple demat (as most of us) account and most of information I able to get from Zerodha portals.

However I am skeptical about it is being a non-government organization. So it’s not mandatory. Also, the T&C say:

Disclosure of Personal Information: The BO agrees that CDSL or its DPs may hold and process its Personal Information on computer or otherwise in connection with easi as well as for statistical analysis. The BO also agrees that CDSL may disclose, in strict confidence, to other institutions, such Personal Information as may be reasonably necessary for reasons inclusive of but not limited to the following: To the DP where the BO is having his/her demat account For participation in any telecommunication network In compliance with a legal directive and For fraud prevention purposes, etc.

So question is have you already registered to CDSL and what is your review about CSDL?

CDSL is the safekeeper for your Demat shares. You can register with CDSL easi to view holdings and transactions. Steps to register. Also, a presentation on how to use easi.

1 Like