Suspension of trading in Tata Motors DVR and tax implications for its shareholders

Will this TDS & capital gain will directly come to my form 16.

Hi @Meher_Smaran

Hi All,

I have a clarification. Could you please clear me on this?

I bought 20 TATAMTRDVR shares at 281.92 i.e Total invested Amount 5638.40

As on 29-Aug-2024 the share value is 768.65 so the current profit alone is 9734.6

Total (Invested + Profit) is 15,373.00

So, as per the statement: For every 10 TATAMTRDVR shares we will get 7 TATAMOTORS shares which means a total of 14 shared will be credited. I see a total of 14 is also credited to my zerodha account. However it shows the discrepancies. Should I do anything?

Now, how that 14 shares will be calculated and added to TATAMOTORS?

What about my Invested + Profit money in TATAMTRDVR?

It is very crucial to know about it, because, I seeaa lot more similar things with Zerodha why is that? but with AngelOne demat account, I am not seeing these kind of issues it works like a charm in-case of Corporate actions.

Thank you.

Hi I had 1472 DVR shares, As per the excel calculation shared by Tata motors, I was supposed to receive 1001 shares but I received 999 shares only. Can anyone help. Thanks.

Hi All,

I am an NRI and had 500 DVR shares I purchased 6 years ago. I have only received 233 Tata Motors shares and was expecting 298 as per the spreadsheet calcualtion. Any thoughts…?

Why is Zerodha showing newly credited TATAMOTORS as long term holding. As per the excel sheet we are selling DVR paying tax on dividend and capital gains. So isn’t this new purchase? Also purchase price seem way too low Rs.500.75

You are correct.

This will be treated as a new purchase, and if I’m not wrong, the new period of holding will start from 30th Aug 2024.

Regarding the purchase price, the closing price of TML on the last trading session (i.e., 30th Aug) which recorded the highest volume, will be considered as the new cost of acquisition for the ordinary shares issued under the scheme.

So the new purchase price should be around ₹1,100.

I think it will be updated

I got Tata Motor shares , but it is given based on the invested money in TATAMTRDVR and profit amount of TATAMTRDVR is missing. I didn’t get any Tata Motor shares based on profit amount of TATAMTRDVR and not even it is credited in funds. What will happen to my profit amount with TATAMTRDVR?

The RTA has sent an email to shareholders with detailed calculations related to cash credit, taxation, and capital gains.

Please search for the email with the subject:

Tata Motors Limited - Intimation regarding credit of New Ordinary Shares pursuant to the Scheme of Arrangement.

3 Likes