Tax P&L & Capital gains Query

I shared the Tax P&L from zerodha Q with my CA. But, he is asking for Capital Gains report for FY 17-18.

Is the Tax P&L different from Capital gains report?
Or, doesn’t the tax P&L include the capital gain details?
Please could @Zerodha_team help here? @nithin @Bhuvan

The tax P&L includes capital gain details (long term, short term, and day trading). Btw, if you wait for a week or so, we will have the new format out, has a lot more details.

It has been more than a week since you replied. I still do not see a change in format of the Tax P&L. Can we know when it will be ready? My CA is behind me and I want to get this sorted out ASAP. Thanks. @nithin

Still waiting… One request we not able to see tradebook of previous years in q.Only current year able to see.

My bad, not a few format, I meant new Q. :slight_smile: Check out Pritunl Zero, still in pre alpha. Holdings already have breakdown here.

@Kshiteesh_Saralaya can u check

1 Like

Hi @Neptune_Sun,

You can view the trade book for previous financial years on Q.

Go to tradebook on Q, However, while entering the date, you will have to manually type the ‘from and to dates’ instead of selecting it from the drop-down calendar.

For example, to check the trades for the month of Dec 2016, I can type the from date as 01/12/2016 and to date as 31/12/2016 - instead of choosing from the drop-down. Shown in the gif below.

tradebook%20PFY

Also, please note that, if you click on your holdings, it opens up the tradebook for that scrip. The tradebook that opens up will be only for trades made in that scrip for the current financial year.

Thanks for Console.zerodha

When can we expect Tax P&L for Equity in console since Q Tax report doesn’t include equity sold in Buyback .

Last date for Tax filing is near

Thanks,
Manu

@nithin : any update on Tax P&L in console which includes buyback contracts…

@ManoranjanS The Tax P&L for FY 2017-18 is already live on Console after making the necessary adjustments for buybacks and all other corporate actions and is available for download under the reports section.

@Nakul @nithin
I checked Tax P&L in console.zerodha It doesn’t include trade details from buyback for the client account RS9268. I was searching for a trade of for example SJVN. The report doesn’t include buyback of SJVN and any other buybacks

Please let me know if you can find that and also under which tab in the Tax P&L excel.

Thanks,
Manoranjan

We are currently running a recalculation for the corporate actions which happened between January 2018 to March 2018. Since SJVN buyback happened in January 2018 this isn’t a part of the Tax PNL currently. This will be fixed in console once the recalculation is completed which might take 15-20 days time.

@Nakul @nithin Thanks for responding.It would be better if the data is available at the earliest so that data can be used for ITReturns

Also OFS for NTPC is included twice…

It is included the Tab EQ Tax P&L and Tab -other Debits and Credits

Thanks,
Manoranjan S

@nithin @Nakul

Any update on Tax P&L in console.zerodha.com

@ManoranjanS Work is still in progress regarding this and nearing completion. We will soon be completely live with Console and make the launch official. Request you to provide us time till then.

@nithin @Nakul. : Thanks for your response…I understand that , it might be lot of data to process so it might take time.

Could you please let me know if this report would be available in next 4-5 days otherwise I need to manually calculate all my data to be given to CA for audit and Tax Filing .

@ManoranjanS We are doing our best to complete the process soon, but might require time till the end of this month. It is always suggested that your consult your CA before tax filing as you can have more info about the different deductions and treatments.

@Nakul : Yes I will be giving Tax P&L (from q.zerodha) for audit and Tax filing…But this data in Tax P&L is incomplete for filing Since it doesn’t include data of Corp action from Jan 2018 to Mar 2018…So I need to manually calculate the data to be given to CA.

Do I have any alternative from zerodha to get full Tax P&L in 4-5 days.
Can anyone from zerodha help to get full data since I need to get data from individual contract notes

Thanks,
Manoranjan S