This Could be it FnO Traders!

To compensate for reduction in exposure margin. Exposure margin is fixed, SPAN is variable. So if markets are not volatile the new margins will be slightly lower for naked positions, if markets are volatile margin for naked positions will go up more than what it is currently.

3 Likes

@nithin while making the necessary changes in your sw please ensure that it allows the traders to constantly do the changes in individual legs … many times only 1 leg need to be moved up or down for adjustment of strategy … these one leg adjustments should be allowed in the pair… thanks

1 Like

What about hedged CDS options , will the margin come down ?

Dear @deepak2508, NOT TO WORRY

As all PROFESSIONAL know except FEW that without adjustment it will be difficult.
I am sure @nithin will not block adjustment in one LEG.

:cowboy_hat_face:

I understood why you are against “locking in”…

Lol… Yeah… It is kind of clipping wings of traders… True… But my only concern was to try and reduce margin requirement even further… FOR THOSE WHO WANT IT…

One solution to that is… Give an option for traders(before opening the position)…

If they choose to lock in and do not want to adjust… Then they can be given additional margin benefit…

Others who have the need to adjust can afford to forego the slight margin benefit… By choosing that they would like to adjust in the middle of the trade anytime…

@nithin @lotus Good enough… Right?

By the way @lotus… This is just speculating about what zerodha will implement or not… Lol… Don’t take these discussions seriously…

Who knows what policy zerodha will implement…

I will simply go with whoever gives the best product… That’s it… I have no brand loyalty :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

@the_rock, I know bro discussion here are not SEBI or NSE’s meet.
I just can’t support which I find illogical.
I am too in favor of MARGIN should come down.
WHO don’t want HIGHER ROI ?

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

@nithin hai any news from sebi , hedged margin reduction , last week i seen in ET ,this week they will approve , eagerly waiting for this one ,

3 Likes

Will a BO option writing position with fixed SL in a highly liquid option chain (NF / BNF) - be considered as ‘LOW RISK’ ergo ‘LOW MARGIN’ requirement? - This will help guys who wanna take purely directional bets.

I agree that the lower margin will make spreads more appealing but single leg directional bets have better R:R and preferred sometimes in a strong uni-directional intraday trend.

1 Like

Expecting a detailed Z-Connect post after all these changes come in effect…! Lot of important / worth noting points scattered in AMA threads! :slight_smile:

BO, CO - are just intraday leveraged products. They have got nothing to do with hedged position margining decision.
The decisions on BO, CO, MIS will be made in 2-3-4-5 weeks. Max 1 April

1 Like

You’d need to wait till Feb 7th, something will happen on intraday leverage for F&O before that. This lower margin for hedged positions, that now depends on when SEBI will give final approvals. No date for that yet.

4 Likes

any positive feedback for leverage?

Today there is a meeting of SEBI Risk committee, right?!

Any updates?!

no news guys , i am also waiting, its confirming we are in india

@nithin Since you’re aware of the date, can you please tell us what you’re expecting regarding intraday leverage? You obviously won’t be held accountable if things change by then. But what’s the most probable outcome?

1 Like

@nithin
Any update sir?
The meeting is this week.
When is it?

That is basically a diagonal spread, and if the strikes are same then calendar, diagonal and calendar spreads are generally covered under risk based margin, so you should have benefits.

1 Like

the wait continues… :sneezing_face:

1 Like

It has been told multiple times by Nithin on the very same thread, please.

6 Likes