What is the new stamp duty in Haryana?

This and high lot size are just going to discourage all Intraday Equity and F&O traders but that’s not the good part as most of them are going to switch to options which is more risky than Futures.

They may be self clearing but stamp duty still must be paid.

Very discouraging & disappointing. Its virtual stamp duty this haryana govt is looting money from people.

Haryana has very high stamp duty. See the pics taken from zerodha brokerage calculator.

Have a look at stamp duty of Delhi, Telangana & haryana for comparison

1 Like

Govt should stop looting money in the form of stamp duty charges. Need a capping limit & it should also be lower for intraday.
Some states have high stamp duty charges.

Regarding Exchange charges, I would say that volumes have increased rather multiplied in india over the last few years.

So its time for exchanges to cut down their charges.
Mr. @nithin why cant zerodha start this initiative in the best interest of retail investors & traders?

If you can start on this, then your campaign will be unanimously supported by everyone in India.

Petitions & requests may not have any impact on the HR govt, Uniform stamp duty may be able to come under GST by efforts of NSE members association & progressive businessmen like Nitin (of zerodha) and others.
it is indeed very discouraging for business and profits.In fact Hr has become the most expensive state to trade stocks like WB.

It makes sense for intra-day traders to quit haryana , even if u trade with 2-3 lots if nifty a single buy sell would cost u min 6000-9000 a month…It still cheap to rent a room (PS leave it later, as all communication is on email…!) .The same i suggested to my relative in Ambala…(here SAS nagar punjab-is cheap) ,here is my solution…

1. Get in touch 3-4 traders who are trading in haryana, Take a room in near by state or delhi, (Effective rent shall be 1/3rd)
  2. Get a rent agreement and register it at registrars office
  3. If the rent agreement is registered it is accepted as a valid address proof…
  4. Update the address with broker
  5. Leave the room after 2 months, Since all the communication is electronic. You are sorted for one year.
  6. Spread this solution , more and more to Haryana traders so that they quit the state and couple with other traders.
  7. Even companies have to pay stamp duties.Spread the word.
    PS:property brokers in delhi are of great help, they would do all the running around! no worries.

Other Steps:

1. If u have a permanent residence of another state use that.
  2. Use platforms like Change.org, Feed back to Namo etc for the issue.
    3.Trade in Options
  3. Accept . Philosophically neither 30 rs was in our hand neither is 300!
1 Like

@Kalpen_Bhavsar @Gauravsh
The stamp duty has been revised

Not much change. Just introduced 500 rs upper limit per day capping.

Telangana has max 100 rs / day,
Himachal has 50 rs / day.

Seriously? The cap makes all the difference without it traders were paying tens of thousands in Stamp Duty. For big traders that’s like 90%+ savings.

I do agree with u but still , stamp duty in haryana is on the higher side comparatively to many states. But still, nevertheless , its a good move & worth relief.

Did you get any benefit as per revised stamp duty? I am asking as NSE circular is awaited for change?

Does anybody know effective date of change for 0.01% stamp duty?
Although NSE circular was in Oct,2017 for change in stamp duty ICICI back charge me from 23rd of June 2017 without sending any revised contract notes ?

Is this legal?
What action can i take against ICICI DIrect?

Forget icici, even zerodha seems sleeping. Wake up @nithin

Please update the stamp duty of haryana in brokerage calculator website page & same should reflect in contract notes.

hmm… contract notes are already updated, have you seen any discrepancy on your contract note?
Will get the calculator updated.

1 Like

@nithin : Zerodhara also back charged since 23rd June 2017 to 7th Sept 2017 for revised stamp duty?

Dear @nithin
There still seems some error in the stamp duty which is wrongly updated on brokerage calculator for haryana.

As per circular, for non delivery trades of intraday , F&O , the stamp duty is .002% capped at 200 rs. per day.

But zerodha brokerage calculator is wrongly showing the intraday stamp duty upper limit as 500 rs. instead of 200 rs.

500 rs upper limit is for delivery based positions but for intraday, the maximum limit is rs 200.

Please get this rectified & also ensure that the same is reflected in the contract notes!

Thanks.

Dear Mr @nithin Regarding the new stamp duty for haryana. Please take note of it & update the brokerage calculator accordingly & ensure that the same is reflected in contract notes.

Currently the brokerage calculator has been wrongly updated.

Hello @Tintin ,you can also have a look.

Dear mr @nithin please find some time to get the brokerage calculator updated.

Maximum upper limit for intraday equity is Rs 200.

Brokerage calculator is wrongly showing as Rs 500.

See the attached image in above post showing stamp duties of different states.

Zerodha brokerage calculator is still not updated.
@nithin @Bhuvan

:speak_no_evil: :speak_no_evil:

What’s wrong with zerodha? Why you have been so careless in updating the stamp duty of haryana in your brokerage calculator.

Max upper limit is capped now at 200 rs for equity intraday but still wrongly mentioned as 500 rs.

@nithin brother if u get some free time from world tours then I would request you to have a look at this thread. :smile: