What is the process to tender my shares at Zerodha for the Infosys and Wipro buyback offer?

What is the process to tender my shares at Zerodha for the Infosys and Wipro buyback?

1 Like

New buyback tender process

At Zerodha, you can now tender your shares completely online without the requirement of a scanned copy of the tender form. The order window to tender your shares will be made available in your Q backoffice during the buyback window period. You have to simply log in to Q and enter the quantity of shares you wish to offer for the buyback. On receiving your order, Zerodha will place the bid on your behalf, transfer your shares to the RTA and provide you with a Transaction Registration Slip(TRS) containing your bid details.

Any shares offered in excess of the acceptance ratio will be credited back to your Demat account by the RTA and the funds for your accepted shares will be directly credited to your bank account.

Buyback details:

• Infosys buyback

Buyback price: Rs.1150/share

Buyback window: 30 Nov 2017 to 14 Dec 2017

Buyback Entitlement ratio for retail investors is 28.4%

• Wipro buyback

Buyback price: Rs.320/share

Buyback window: 29 Nov 2017 to 13 Dec 2017

Buyback Entitlement ratio for retail investors is 62.9%

Important Note: Please ensure that you tender your shares during the buyback window. Tender offers cannot be made after the buyback window closes.

Acceptance ratio:

The acceptance ratio will be calculated only when the buyback window closes and it will be based on the quantity of shares tendered and the number of retail investors who have applied for the buyback. If you tender more shares than your entitlement, then whether these additional shares will be accepted for buyback or not will solely depend on the acceptance ratio.

Charges:

The online buyback tender order on Q will be charged Rs.20+GST.

4 Likes

Thank you Zerodha for simplifying the buyback tendering process.
I have 200 shares in Zerodha D’Mat Account, and I have received the tender email.
Do I still have to fill up the tender form and mail it to Karvy or is it just enough to tender online at Q?

Why Zerodha is charging (20 + gst) ???

It looks unfair to me…

2 Likes

There are no free lunches bro. There is a cost involved in running a brokerage too.

My friend had the same query and the Zerodha support folks told him no need to send a tender form. They asked him to place an order from Q directly when the Buyback window is open.

What about DP charges… Will that be applicable too…

1 Like

ICICI doesn’t change anything for Buyback process.

They also had it online as far as I remember.

I did it for Navneet and Engineer India Limited buy back.

1 Like

If I have 1000 Infosys shares and the tender form says that I am entitled for 200 shared for buyback, can I still offer more than 200 shares for buyback (say 500 shares)? What is the down side of doing so? Thanks

You are only allowed to tender the number of shares mentioned in the company communication/tender form.

No, they charge normal brokerage. i remember they deducted for nhpc and coal india buyback for me.

You can put more also upto a maximum of the total number of shares you hold as per the tender form. Whether they accept it or not depends on the final entitlement ratio as many people will not participate in the buyback.

I don’t think there is any downside, unless the stock price goes above 1150.

I bought 200 shares of wipro till 13th september…and sold 100 shares of wipro on 14th september (EX DATE for buyback). Record Date was 15th september. But they are showing that I had only 100 shares on
RecordDate and I am entitled only 69 of them. Kindly suggest what to do in this case

Rs.20 by Zerodha, GST by govt! Which is unfair? Humor apart, Zerodha incurs costs in this exercise and IMO, the charge is very reasonable!

2 Likes

If I have holding of infy as on record date. I have also received a letter from rta regarding my elligibility to apply. If I want to do some trading like btst or intrady before tendering my shares will that affect my elligibility @zerodhaqa

Hi all,

I am new treading. i want to know if i buy some infy stocks now (27-11-2017) shall i eligible for buy back…??

Hey @deepak_PATRA You’ll be not eligible for Buyback.

1 Like

Thanks a lot @Lets_Invest for the info. May i know the rules…or direct me to any source from where i can know?

Here is the official Details regarding Buyback.

http://www.bseindia.com/xml-data/corpfiling/AttachLive/84E972D8_EC58_4BC7_BD1C_FD126FCFC49D_193401.pdf

Hi,

I just logged into Q but could not find the link to tender the buyback.
Can you please let me know where the buyback link is available in Q.

Regards

3 Likes