Why brokers don't include all the charges in contact note?

I try to maintain my trading dairy but it’s ridiculously painful and stupidity having to see contract note and ledger etc.
Is this simple thing so difficult to simplify?
Why can’t we just have all the charges included in the email in the contract note? (And may be call these attachments as ‘daily activity breakup’?)

Do uptox, icici etc also hide some charges from contract note? Many retail investors might miss these charges and get a wrong perception of charges which is unfair!

1 Like

@Neostar https://support.zerodha.com/category/account-opening/charges-at-zerodha/articles/why-are-dp-charges-not-shown-in-the-contract-note?ref_query=contract%20note might help you in this.

1 Like

I am aware of this but my point is all charges if included in one email that will save everyone so much time, effort.

Annual charges cab be excluded but all the other charges like call and trade, dp charges etc should be included in email. If broker can’t call it contract note call it something else but save everyone’s time by investing little time to implement this

Good point!
Before reading this thread, I didn’t even know that DP charges are not shown in contract note but in ledger despite trading for over an year :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Exactly my point. And there are many of us and there are other charges too that are in not in contact note but in ledger.
I am sure brokers don’t need to earn money by hiding the charges. Please.

Friends - if you agree, please raise your voice.

Agree…in fact many traders form strategies without considering all expenses & finally find themselves in losses inspite of generating profits…this is a serious issue & request @nithin to address.
It would be good if we can see all expenses per instrument in console-p&l…as of now it takes total expenses across all instruments which is of no use.

Also @Neostar

Firstly contract note can only show trade-related charges with regards to the exchanges. DP and AMC charges are with respect to Depositories, can’t be shown on contract note.

If you go to tax P&L and download on console, there is a breakdown of all charges. Also available on Ledger.

@CoolBird scrip wise charges should go live from April 1st.

Many thanks Nithin !

As explained in the question, we need all charges for the days trade in the email. If we can’t call it contract note, may be we can call it as ‘what users really want.pdf’. :grin:
Many a times the systems are not available especially if you are abroad on a different timeline. Such a frustration to time the login, go through ledger etc.
Many of us don’t have so much time

For charges, go to ledger on console.zerodha.com, you will have everything by the day (anything outside contract note).

About platform not being accessible middle of the nights, that is sorted now after yesterday’s update.

DP is a different entity and broker is a different entity. so DP charges will always be separate through a bill and debit to bank .
even if one is not registered with a broker as like many senior citizens who are not active in market ,the DP charges for annual maintenance and off market family transfer will be levied through a bill.

Thanks @nithin. Console is good and useful. Very happy to hear that availability is 24x7.
Is kite also now 24x7?
What time of the day the charges are updated for the day?

By the way, I still find it is enormous time saving for all of us to receive daily total charges etc in email along with contract note. Helps to update the trade log far more quickly and easily. So, request you will please consider this.

Weather it is done through bill or debit etc. should not matter. Should it? All we want is the ALL REAL charges for the days trade in email. So, that we don’t have to use a computer, login, browse, put today’s date, check charges etc. If it is email, we just open the attachment.