75% of all Yes Bank shares held will be blocked for 3 years

can we buy yes bank FPO and what meaning of 75% of all yes bank shares held will be blocked for 3 years.
please suggest any restriction for sale in future.

Shares bought through FPO wont have any lock-in period, you are free to sell whenever you want. Lock-in period is only for shares bought on or before March 13 2020, you are free to sell all shares bought after that.

2 Likes

thanks a lot sir

Sir I want to change my bank account details and address how to change and can this change be done on Saturday and Sunday also
Thank you

This is not relevant thread to post this query.

Read this to know how to change your address, and this to know process to change your primary bank account.

Thank you sir…I don’t know where to raise queries so I raised here… anyway … thank you sir

dear sir kya is baar bhi fpo me share lock kiya jayega
agar kiya jayega to kitne time ke liye so please tell me sir

FPO main issue kiye gaye shares pe koi lock-in period nahi hone wala.

Dear Sir,
I have 400 shares of yes bank. Purchased in the month of Jan and Feb.After notification on 14th March my 75% (300) shares are locked and 100 are free to sell. ISIN number for the 400 shares update on 14th of March with New ISIN.
On 16th March I purchased another 500 shares but it execute with old ISIN while selling these shares on 18th March execute with New ISIN.Due too this shortage for 400 shares arrives and auction purchase done on 20th March for 400 shares.
In this case who is responsible and from which date trade in Yes bank with Old ISIN is banned.

What ISIN NUMBER you get for shares purchased on 16th march.New ISIN or Old ISIN.?

Hi,
Thanks for your support.
What should I do I have old isin number for 16th March and new isin number for sell on 18th due to this auction done on 20th March.
Purchase @ 38 Rs. on 16th.
Sold @ 70 Rs. on 18th
And auction @ 87 Rs.
And to reduce my loss burden my broker sold my shares on 31st March unauthorised trade @Rs 53 per shares *400.
I reported to nse but they close my case saying that no wrong is done by broker.
Your valuable advice is appreciated.

How would tax be calculated in this case? i.e. if i had 100 shares say purchased at 50 which get locked now, and i buy and sell 10 more at 12 and 15.
Is this a short term gain of 15-12 since earlier stocks are locked?
Or is it a short term loss? 15-50= -35 ?

The kite portal seems to indicate the latter.

Hi can we transfer the blocked shares inter depository ??

Shares under lock-in cannot be transferred.

Can I transfer them within my own demat accounts, that too intra depository?

I have 750 YesBank Blocked shares (3 years) in Axis Direct Demat Account.
How do I move to Zerodha Demat account…?
If I can’t move then does it mean that I have to continue my Axis Direct Demat for 3 years…?
I don’t want to continue Axis Direct Account.
Please suggest me the solution.

Hi, you can transfer these shares to your Zerodha account by doing closure cum transfer, read this for detailed information on how to transfer shares.

I have 30K shares of yes bank in which 11K shares are locked in .
When I transfer my account from sharekhan(NSDL) to Zerodha (CSDL) , I got only unlocked shares trasnferred.

What is the normal process while closing the account and transferring the shares to other tradng account during this lock in period ?

The process to transfer your shares from other Demat account to Zerodha Demat account has been explained here.

The locked-in shares of Yes Bank can be transferred by doing closure-cum-transfer, if you want to close your other account and move all securitues to Zerodha account, you should get in touch with the broker they will assist you with the process.

Dear sir, If I want to hold the share of YES BANK is it right for hold it… Pls reply