A trader places CO/MIS order and if suppose market falls greater extend will he lose only his margin or will he be personally liable for the remaining losses?

a trader places CO/MIS order and if suppose market falls greater extend will he lose only his margin or will he be personally liable for the remaining losses?for example the day like satyam computers scam where Rs280 around levels say i have longed and after the news it fell almost to Rs.7-10 on the same day…will i be personally liable to pay? if MIS auto Square off/cover order sell trigger of Rs.example 265 executed at Rs.7 or 10…?

Yes. The burden or onus is upon the trader to setlle the values.

But these dont occur since CO has inbuilt stop loss order, a trigger with 265 will execute close to 265 only not at Rs.7. The margin blocked is always more than the sale around trigger price value, so no question of losses exceeding the margin blocked.

MIS orders already have the market volatility included in its leverage calculation. If something like what u said happens, then there is always RMS team who monitor such losing positions and square off manually.

Even if they could not do it, then it is the responsibility of the trader to settle the values. If the trader is unwilling to settle, any other positions what trader might have can be squared off and taken in lieu of the lost money. If that is also not possible, it leads to arbitration.

This is what I know.