Additional Surveillance Margin in Equity Derivatives Segment (Now for Index Options & Futures)

It is a move in good direction.

1 Like

Someone who actually understands SEBI after all the bad rep they are getting. SEBI is the hero we need after all. The market clearly needs to die. Oh, the lure of trading but all it has done is bleed losses on innocent people. Why didn’t SEBI do this earlier? More people need to be supportive of SEBI. After all, most of us are gullible traders who trade worse than monkeys. And Zerodha is a scam. No one should open an account with zerodha. 20rs brokerage! OMG! But too bad, people should know the losses associated with trading that is greater than anything else in the world and exclusive to trading and trading only. All in all, SEBI is bringing acche din. Clap everyone.

On a serious note, you are a retard. I am saying this directly to your face. Even if the government was to declare a genocide on its people, people like you would be supportive of it. Because that’s how sheep minded you are.

Beta ghar jao, tumhari aukat nhi hai trade karne ki.

7 Likes

Can’t understand how increasing margins will result in revenues. Oh, do you mean interest income?

1 Like

I always feel that the individual should be allowed to spend his money the way he wants it, provided it is lawful. Beyond that, indirect rule changes to keep the small guys out, does not appear right.

2 Likes

Market is dying. What else? It’s the usual now. Higher margin requirements being imposed. Pay more money for the same thing. They’ll keep asking for more money in one way or another. It’s not just SEBI though. It’s the mutual decision of SEBI, exchange and clearing corporation. You are at their mercy. Either trade with their rules or else leave. Plus they do want you to leave. After all, they are so concerned about derivatives market’s growth. They want to reduce participation. So it’s a good idea that you guys leave voluntarily rather than succumbing to this for too long. But then again this might not only be in India. Trading everywhere has or will suffer from these restrictions. The reason might be the fact that trading is a shame. It incurs losses on those who don’t know how to trade. The weakest one must be protected I guess. I guess, they must make trading in such a way that people don’t suffer from losses. But we all know that is impossible without sacrificing the rewards of trading. A knife can cut for sure. It can cut deep as a matter of fact. But it’s usefulness lies in its ability to cut. Blunting it impairs its utility. It’s impotent. Same with trading. We are being forced to trade with lower leverage. Those who are supportive or indifferent to it shouldn’t trade to begin with because it’s just a petty hobby for them, not a profession that earns. And I guess the authorities are considering the value of financial loss to be too great. Thus, if most of the people are not making money in trading then it is in the best interest that leverage is reduced so that at least their losses are mitigated.

1 Like

Hmmm. There is a fixed value to a futures contract. No one should pay even a rupee more than that. In the real world, no one pays more than the MRP. You get what you pay for. And when you trade, you should know the risks associated with it when you enter a contract. Paying more margin to mitigate losses is a flawed idea in a number of ways. If you are wrong in the market, you are still going to make losses.

2 Likes

Yes sir. I am a retard. But a retard like me doesn’t draw rationale correlation between ASM and genocide. Get well soon buddy… that’s all I have to tell you. : )

1 Like

Yes sir, I go to home every night after a day’s work, which is full-time trading and investments. May be true “aapke jitni aukat nahi hogi meri for trading”. But I’m happy with the way my aukat is.

1 Like

How can you be supportive of less leverage if you trade full time? Your profits will be reduced after all.

2 Likes

@Avi_Garg @Dhruv_JC guys lets not fight with each other…and lets refrain from making any personal attacks against each other…this thread is all about helping one another

3 Likes

Do u think Sebi is doodh ki dhuli? Everytime a company is gonna enter the banned from trading list it’s price starts falling beforehand, and starts increasing in those companies which will soon be taken out from that list. If this is not insider trading than what is?? They r no longer a watchdog rather rabid dog just out there to hunt down the regular trader. If anything needs to stop than it has to be 10 times 50 times 100 times margin on intraday trading wherein 95 percent of the traders loose deposits within 6 months of trading. But that won’t stop, cause that creats huge taxes for sebi, and thats all that they want. Bakra bus katna chahiye, options mai inka maal nahi banta. Risk aversion my foot!

2 Likes

Because I don’t risk more than 7-10 percent of my overall capital in the market at any given point in time. When I take overnight leveraged position, I even have to plan for a possibility of 400-500 or more points Nifty gap down due to some unexpected bad event (what if someone shoots down PM or anything like that) Why would you want to be wiped out completely because of any black swan event.

Especially when I am as it is dealing in highly leveraged instruments.
I use only that much leverage which I am willing to loose and that I need to make a living.

4 Likes

Buddy, I am not fighting with anyone. I am always civil and respectful in my tone. Why to spoil this pleasant sunday on something which is absolutely external in nature and not in my control? I am happily relishing my favourite scotch being a Sunday evening : )

4 Likes

nice sebi going full retard mode

5 Likes

@Avi_Garg:
It’s a lot more than just the leverage.

Problem of getting a net worth certificate. Valuations of assets & liabilities by certified people is no easy job. All that for what? Let us understand that stock market is the most transparent business for the government. For, every trade, as and when it happens, can be known to the government, up to the penny. No other business, repeat, no other business, in the country is anywhere near that in transparency. My question is, why more and more regulation on the traders, dimensions above the requirements to the extent of curtailing derivatives at all. Not many even understand what a net worth certificate is. In fact, initially it was income which was being discussed for the exposure!

4 Likes

Who said to u bro getting net worth certificate is big problem ? Getting net worth certificate is not problem if you r filling tax regularly and in proper way.

ITR is for income.
Anyway, obtaining networth certificate involves time and money. When the risk is covered, more than covered by the margins, what is the necessity of asking something that is not required.

2 Likes

Hello Team Zerodha,
Please confirm what the new margin requirement would be on November 30 for writing one lot of ATM (11700) CE options in comparison to the present shown in image.

The present requirement equates to 7.35% (64501/(11700*75)). I am not sure whether new margin required would be 11.35% (7.35+additional 4%) from 30th November.

1 Like

This has been announced all of a sudden.

Wondering if the brokers and the big guys (Institutional traders) are protesting, as they will also be impacted.

Brokers will lose customers, and the institutional traders will see a drop in their returns.

As such liquidity is poor in Indian F & O market. Even with index options, the liquidity in far month options and near month ITM options is very poor, due to which so many wonderful option strategies cannot be implemented effectively.

Any attempt to curtail any market participant (whether retail or institutional) will adversely impact liquidity even further.

Strangely, hardly any trader has highlighted the issue of liquidity in their threads.
Requesting @nithin to please take it up with SEBI.

1 Like

@nithin
Will there be any new calculation of margin for nifty futures?

1 Like