Advantages of transferring existing regular MF to Direct MF

Is that any advantage on return on investment, if I’m transferring the existing regular MF to coin based direct MF, other than managing all the holding on one platform. By transferring i mean exiting the current position and purchasing direct MF, and also what will be my tax liability provided all by holding is more that 1 yrs old.

Yes, there is. By investing in direct plans, you will automatically get higher return as compared to the regular plans by virtue of the lower expense ratio in direct plans. For example, if you were investing in Aditya Birla Sun Life Frontline Equity Fund, the expense ratio of the regular plan is 2.18%
and 1.31% for direct. So by investing in direct plans, your returns will automatically be higher to the tune of the 0.87%.

The new LTCG rules will apply.

Thank you so much for the response, So in that case its ideal to move existing MF holding to Direct, so whats your suggestion how to do it, exit and re-enter or transfer. I was doing SIP for for each MF on each SIP purchase i guess will have to fill individual forms, think will need lot for paper work .

If you are exit your regular funds and start investing in direct funds then there is no paperwork, assuming that you already have a Zerodha account.

If you investing through SIPs, then you will have to consider exiti loads when redeeming these funds and also the taxation impact of investments less than one year.

if you have funds which attract exit load and short term capital gains tax, then the best thing would be to stop those SIPs until the investments are more then and year old and start investing in direct mutual funds on Coin.

Thanks for your input, I had stopped all the SIP in regular plan and all the new ones are on COIN, only that old ones are been hold as regular plan.