Advice on the future

Hello everyone, as my name suggests I am a rookie in stock trading and have very limited knowledge about stock. I am a student currently in computer science and thought about investing some of my money in shares which I can reap the rewards later down in my life.
Today I had purchased the shares of PSBs like IOB, CENTRALBK and PSB who were rumoured to be privatized.
I had invested a total of 2500 of my saved money and am down almost 800 as I had purchased the shares of these as soon as the market had opened and it all went downhill from there.
I am quite at a loss as to what to do next should I wait and hope for a uptrend or quit before facing further losses.
Thanking you in anticipation.

Before starting trading or investing in stock markets, it is better to have knowledge about how things work.

Would suggest you start reading Varsity, this will help you understand all about stock markets:

Also, do check out this:

1 Like

Your intentions to start investing in early age is good, so should your process to achieve your intention be. As Shubh mentioned above, read all the content you can on zerodha varsity. Start with small amount and implement whatever you learnt while studying. Slowly and surely you will get there.

2 Likes

I hope the same!

Will check them out. Thanks for sharing!

As your aim is investing for a long term… Then always invest in companies with good fundamentals, having good economic moat, etc… Never made your investment decision based on news whose effect last for short term…

stock market looks easy place to make money but this one is the toughest one to do do… especially while trading, it is more about protecting your capital in longer run, staying in the game and being strong mentally…

first thing to keep in mind is never trade based on news and others opinions… it will take hell lot of time but do your own analysis and trade based on that… this will take you far… and as suggested by shubh above, do read varsity, will make you stand amongst the wise in stock markets…

These stocks are low priced but trading near their face value , some of these stocks are trading below their book value , due to privatization rumor , these stocks went up to , highly overbought level and correction is happening ,Long term charts looking good, but remember PSU Banking stocks are not really penny stocks , i am not giving you any suggestion but you can exit at your price or with profit also , its your call I am also holding few thousands shares of these PSU Banking stocks based on TA with prices almost doubled ,