After Square off

Hi,
Assume that i have bought a call option of IDFC BANK LIMITED for the strike price of Rs47.50 with the premium Rs.0.35 1 lot. (11000 shares). (11000*.35 = Rs.3850). On this day this stock was traded @ Rs41.00
A hove closed my position at the premium of Rs 0.40 (11000*0.4 = 4400). I have paid all the taxes.

At the time of Expiry the stock is went upto 49.5. (currently no open position)

After square off, is there any obligation is left on me. (to deliver)

My doubt is square off and option writing is same?

If somebody wants to exercise this option, i have to pay any amount to whom execising the option.

Sir the moment u squared off it is closed for you forever. Now strike price expiry day ITM STT no term is applicable for you.
If u squared off with a profit it is all yours. ( STT is only on premium in your case)

Just double check in open position page of ur broker site. If it displays none that’s it.

1 Like

Thank you for your quick reply.
if i squared off with profit or squared off with loss of my long call option (stock), i need not worry about anything (someone who exerceising).

If someone want to exercise, who is the responsible to deliver the stocks. (option writter or an intermediate seller).

Initially an option writter has sold the contract to a buyer. Then the option buyer has sold it before 10 days of expiry, another buyer will purchase it. This chain is going upto the last minute of expiry date. At the last, if nobody ready to buy, this will be automatically exercised for saying. In this situation who has to settle?. The one initially who write the option contract or the intermittent person who bought and sold.

I think i am not confusing. Kindly request you to reply.

Sir whoever writes an option and did not square with a opposite position as on 3 30 pm on expiry day will have to settle the nifty or stock option as m2m ( plain cash deduction from trading account) only if the option expired as ITM with spot crossing strike price. The last buyer of the exercised option will come collect that profit minus the STT on full underlying quantity

2 Likes