All You Need To Know About Spencer's Retail Rights Issue

please specify the last day on which premium of 75 must be paid to ensure rights share are not extinguished.
Also based on ratio will RE shares appear automatically in acc ?

Last date to apply for rights shares is 18th August.

Yes, if you held Spencer’s shares on record date (July 29), RE’s will be credited directly to your Demat account by the time issue opens for subscription.

Does selling RE occurs DP Charges?
and what about lapsing of RE, charges occur?

Yes, selling RE’s will incur DP Charges.

There will be no charges,

1 Like

No payment link on link time website , it is just showing no of RE shares available

You should raise this issue to the RTA, you can find contact details on this page.

Alternatively, you can apply via your Bank’s Net Banking ASBA portal as well. The process is similar to process of applying for IPO, if you don’t know, you can this post to know the process.

I don’t understand why people are applying for rights issue. They can sell the RE shares and directly buy Spencer’s shares from market at 10 rupees discount.

Am I missing something?

Hi, I have bought Spencer’s right issue in open trading session. It is not reflecting in my portfolio/holding now. Please let me know the status of my investment in Spencer-RE

The trading window for RE’s has closed, so you will no more see them in your holdings, though they are still in your Demat account and will remain until Issue closes on 18th August.

So, make sure you are applying for rights shares or the RE’s you have bought will expire worthless.

Hi ShubhS9,

I bought Spencer RE shares and I would like to buy the rights shares, I went to https://linkintime.co.in/RightIssues/index.html filled my details but every time it says incorrect DP/Client ID, I have added the 16 digits that you see in Cosole->account/demat. Could you help here?

Thanks,

You need to ensure that you’re using the 16-digit ID available here. The DP Name is Zerodha Broking Limited.

Should you see an error ‘Invalid DP ID/DP account’ you can split the demat account number (16 digits) as DP ID: 12081600 and DP account: the remaining 8 digits.

Alternatively, you can apply via your Bank’s Net Banking ASBA portal as well. The process is similar to the process of applying for IPO, if you don’t know, you can read this post to know the process.

Should you see an error ‘Invalid DP ID/DP account’ you can split the demat account number (16 digits) as DP ID: 12081600 and DP account: the remaining 8 digits.
https://linkintime.co.in/RightIssues/index.html page only has 16 fields cannot split. I get below error:

Try after some time, or as I mentioned earlier, alternatively, you can even apply through your Bank’s Net Banking ASBA portal.

ASBA I tried on SBI it shows no option.

1 Like

Hi

Recently I have bought Spencer re at 27.45 and I am holding 1500 shares.

How many shares I am entitled to buy now through renounce method.

What happens to my 1500 shares?

What i should do now and how much it would cost to buy shares in rights purchase

Also, what would be the value of these shares that I am holding.

Where can I get the application no.

Can you please clarify. It’s very confusing so raising the questions.

2 Likes

You can apply for shares equal to the number of RE’s you have.

The process of applying for rights shares is explained above in the main post.

The cost of buying rights shares for you will be (Number of RE’s bought * Premium Paid) + (Number of Shares applied for * 75 Issue Price).

If these 1500 shares are RE’s they will lapse after issue closes and will be removed from your Demat account.

You don’t need any application number to apply for rights shares.

You need to click on Renoucee option if you have purchased RE. It will work.
You are getting invalid DP as you might didn’t have any shares on 29th July.

I think for people who bought RE, should apply as renouncee

Recently I have bought Spencer re at 27.45 and I am holding 1500 shares.

Should such purchases made as above apply as renouncer?

If you buy RE’s from market, you need to apply as Renouncee.