Any App/Plugin for viewing multiple charts (> 4) on Kite desktop

During the day I have to follow up to 4 stocks. For each stock, I have to look at the daily chart as well as the five minute chart. This means that I need to have eight windows. Zerodha allows for charts at a time in the multiple charts on Kite web desktio

Which means I have to have at least two tabs open to follow the four stocks. Is there any app or plug-in that will switch between the two different tabs every few seconds (or any other way to organize the desktop)

I have two monitors. On one, I have the positions and orders windows open and on the other I have these technical charts.

Thank you for any inputs

Check TV charts on kite, it will fit 8 windows on one layout.

1 Like

hello @siva
has this been fixed?

thanks

Yes, except close and avg line. Those won’t work on this charting library.

you can create multiple virtual desktops and keep multiple kite chart windows and arrange them as you prefer in each desktop. setting up all the windows every day might be annoying. but that could be solved with some coding.

Thank you @kars. You mentioned that we can do some kind of programming code to set up the windows. Can you provide is an indication of how to do that? I do know some programming in Python and C++. And also Windows auto hot key. But I’m not sure how to set up the windows automatically since that would mean interacting with the browser API. But perhaps you have better ideas, and it would be useful if you can provide some kind of an indication or any kind of website where I can read up further. Thank you

if you are using chrome, there is an extension which detaches the tab and makes it as a popup window. this windo will not have address bar or amything. so it looks tidy. then you can use winkey+arrow keys to arrange windows in the screen.

if you know autohoykey then you can write macros to resize and position windows the way you like.i think opening all the charts in the first place and moving them to different virtual desktops and also having easier kbd shortcuts to switch between desktops are little difficult. i hope it is doable. another issue is having different time frame and indicators in each chart. i think this one might be difficult to script.

so try this … install open-as-popup extension. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/open-as-popup/ncppfjladdkdaemaghochfikpmghbcpc?hl=en

login to kite and open the charts in new windows. then detach those tabs using the extension (alt+0). then use win+arrow keys to arrange the windows. if you know ahk then you can do most of the work there. also…if you can ahk, then no need for virtual desktops … you can just minimize or hide one grouo of windows and show another group of windows using a hot key.

1 Like

btw, i found kite chart windows … if left open for a long time … they get into problems. like wrong candles … missing data etc. refreshing the whole window resets the layout selected to the last one used. clicking resize button inside chart window mostly works. rarely it gets stuck.

so … kite is an ok platform. you can live with some work arounds and some frustration. but if you need better charting… try out amibroker, ninjatrader etc. i have not used them but saw good reviews.

1 Like

Thank you @kars for a very useful response. I will look at the extension you mentioned. Also thank for the info about trading view charts. I had tried using those charts earlier and stopped it. Now I remember why I did that. It does not refresh properly. And there was a perennial problem.

thank you