Any experience with the Interactive Brokers?

I would like to know how is their platform, do they allow access to tape/orderbook and do they allow shortcuts to enter and exit positions quickly?

I m trading with them.
Pros:

1. THE best platform. No indian brokerage can match them any time soon in terms of feature, connectivity or order execution.
  2. Most of the value added stuffs like alerts, screeners, option strategy lab, probability lab, reuters stock reports+, watchlist specific news etc are FREE.
  3. Highly customisable & extremely stable platform. Traders can add delete widgets (so many optuons)
  4. Excellent customer support thro live chat

Cons:
1.Can trade only in NSE cash & FNO- stocks, index, etfs. (I use ZD for commodities)
2.leverage is low hence margin requirement is high.
3. Not suitable for newbie traders as the platform is advanced hence needs go thro a learning curve in understanding all the features.
(However newbies can connect to ninjatraders as the API from IB is free)

3 Likes

Thanks for letting me know. I want to know if their platform is good enough for scalpers and level 2 traders. I find zerodha to be laggy and most of the time the orderbook and charts lag by a few seconds…quite a nightmare. Its as if they designed it to rip amateurs off.

1 Like

Yes. I think scalpers can use a specific screen called “book trader”. You can trade from price ladder. I m no day trader so I havnt used it.

Order execution is extremely efficient. I only have their trading server disconnected when my internet is dusconnected (there is a loud announcement by platform if it happens)

1 Like

wow, I think I will give it a try. tnx a lot.

1 Like