Any way to save tax for Individual Trader

income proof to active FNO segment in partnership firm. if it is new firm.

Hi jason. Have sent you a private message. Could you please check?

1 Like

Hi @Jason_Castelino - Hope you are doing well. I had a question regarding partnership firm taxation. Do you know how the equity/mutual fund capital gains (short/long term) would be leived, when we are trading using a partnership firm specifically for trading/investment purpose.
Thanks in Advance.

Hi Piyush,

The treatment of gains remain same as it is for individuals.

1 Like

Ahh I see.
I donā€™t know why my CA mentioned to me that capital gains for stocks will be considered as business income and will be taxed as per slab. I tried to search but was not able to find any article about the same, please forward me any document or any link you may find that says otherwise. Thanks!

By the way, thanks so much for your suggestion about trading using a partnership firm. :pray:

I am also working on opening a firm, bank, demat account etc. Hopefully will fully move by the end of this FY. I can see lot of savings not in term of taxes but I can also expense many things related to my trading and can claim depreciation on some.

1 Like

Income Tax Act available in official income tax website.
Please share the link which says otherwise. :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth::face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

Taxes? yes. Other expenses and depreciation? No. It is still the same.

If for individual account, 30% taxes are levied on f&o post the upcoming July budget, would it be better to form a corporate account via a partnership/LLP for saving taxes?

Or the profits made through the corporate account would have the same 30% taxation?

@nithin @Jason_Castelino

Shall we wait for budget instead of speculating?

Itā€™s anyways already under 30 percent.

1 Like

If you live in Dubai or Singapore, but trade in Indian instruments, you will still be taxed by India
How do you save taxes by going to UAE/SG?

Hey Jason, if an individualā€™s sole income is from Stock market activities (STCG, LTCG and from F&O) then does he have the right to show the short term profits as STCG or he has to compulsorily show them as a business income.
Do we have any clarity on this in the income tax act ?

He has an option to show it as STCG or business profits. Just make sure to consistently follow it year after year.

1 Like