Anybody Made Profit/Loss Today?

I made profit today in option trading it was a bullish trade

1 Like

Congratulations @vivsvsm :+1:

1 Like

I made a loss of Rs. in 50680 muhurat trading but after settlement of closing price it reduced to almost Rs. 26000

Please explain how the loss is reduced

You must be Trading in Normal Order Type.
Right?

Made a profit of Rs 555 in three shorts, but greed took over in fourth and made a lost of 430. Still learning to conquer this thing called greed :grinning:

It’s okay. This happens with most of the Traders.
We have to learn when to exit and when to stop.
This all will come with experience.

Yes Nifty futures Oct LTP Is around 10118 but closing is 10146. That’s why I was down 34k but now it shows smthn elz.

It’s because of any Technical error or Muhurat Trading?

The volumes were too low but the China fear was way too much so people sold a lot mostly it’s retail volume and Nifty futures were quoting lower than Nifty spot but even closing price is lower which is a concerning thing if it wasn’t mahurat trading. As far as I think no pros stepped in as they knew they would not get enough volume. I hope it’s gonna gap up on Monday , look at hang Seng gained 1+% today. US markets are at all time high. So it may gap up, if US markets don’t go negative today. Mistake I did was I shd have gotten out when it turned negative I thought I was knew what was gonna happen to I added 3 more lots total 5 lots. This is the mistake I don’t wanna. Repeat long time back I was idiot to add 20 lots but somehow market din move much the previous day I closed down the position coz I was 20 lots short n market opened up. I wud have lost a lot of money that did not happen but now this happened, a lesson to all in derivatives if Ur position is going against u and u dunno wats happening get the hell out of the trade. U can figure it out later. But don’t stay and definitely don’t add to average. I did not only stay added so a max loss wud have been 5-10k turned to 30-40k. And after closing I realised I shd have closed longs once market opened negative so u can always figure out later but don’t stay in the position n try to figure out why something elz other than what u hoped happened.

See PPL see this and say market is a gamble, I was a gambler. It’s u who is a gambler not a market if I had acted as an investor I wud have gotten out of the position at open which was just 6k loss n added a short which wud have made money, I stayed n added thinking this cannot happen may b it ll go up may b may b. That may b thoughts when u r in a position can take away Ur chance to have a baby.:joy::wink:

1 Like

Mine exactly opposite. I exited at the opening despite it is in my favour. Market went down by another 50 points down.
see 450 X 50.

@haribabu sir any particular reason you wished to exit? as it was highly in bear’s favour as Nifty fut price were lower than spot?

No reason I saw Positions Screen since charts are not loading, so after seeing 20k profit in Nifty Future Short simply exited it.
same with other two positions. I did not do any thing for Loss making one. later they also turned positive.

Since it is Market open Difficult to Trade in the First minute Charts May not work. That to on Muhurat day with absence of FII and DII in FNO.

Lower than spot happened after first 15 minutes only. I did not see the Nifty chart. I was Watching Reliance Chart since it was in negative wanted to exit.
Delayed Exit in Put shorts resulted in 5k loss. But overall Ok.

One more reason for it is I used 90% of my Account value wanted to exit some positions.

1 Like

Made 5 points in Crude Mini single lot just now

2 Likes

I see US markets going up, do you it is going affect us? Coz now I feel our market has turned negative atleast until next week

Market may not run up. no need to worry. Bigger worry is Bank Nifty. that will sure pull down the Nifty as well.

But It may not fall much. ITC, HDFC, HDFCBANK, RELIANACE will go up for sure to balance the Bank nifty.

FNO moves will keep Nifty in a Range. We are at high point So no way to run Away. HDFCBANK results on Tuesday
that may add fuel to Markets either side.

My positions

2 Likes

@haribabu On Monday some Script will turn into green and some will into red. I am sure all will close into green before expiry date.

1 Like

Did anyone watch the US markets? All time high and it looks fabulous.

I Have not squared off the position . loss reduced due to the difference between the last traded price and closed price ex. I have long 3 lot of canfinhome which have last traded price 532.5a and whose settled price is 535.05. Thus 2.55( 535.05-532.5)31250=9562 is reduced. similarly in other scripts