Are https://stocksdeveloper.in trustee partner of Zerodha?

Trading platform for Portfolio Managers & Algo Traders - Stocks Developer

They are trusted partner of 5Paise Stocks Developer - Use Multi-Broker Trading Platform of Stocks Developer | 5paisa

They are also providing integration with Zerodha at 495 INR, and also providing APIs on top of that.

Was wondering can I rely on them?

#zerodha

@nithin

No they are not

Just wondering how they are accessing user information, they only need user_id, totp key and password.

Without any api key and secret.

Was wondering do they have some sort of partnership with Zerodha , which provides them free APIs ?

1 Like

Probably via websocket

No not possible, they must be using APIs of zerodha some way around, because it need many parameters in order to place a new order, very tricky and tough to be handled dynamically via websockets.

Websockets are good for streaming ohlc not for placing/modifying orders. There must be some way, using which they are using backend RST APIs

I think this is the answer.

Thanks @dtyxg a lot for such wonderful architecture docs.

Things are more clearer to me now.

Only one thing is remaining to understand, exactly how anyone use zerodha backend API without secret key , which need kite subscription of 2k

Somewhere I think stock developers engineer bypass the zerodha kite connect, and able to call backend api.

Now I think it’s possible, just need to go deep in zerodha web session, using that session info we can directly call backend api.

I just did a reverse engineering when login on stock developer they logout my web session. This shows there is a way to do so.

3 Likes

Isn’t this how they communicate ?

Does using HTTPS REST API also need ZERODHA API ?

Yes this workaround is possible and it is also used widely in the algo trading community.
There is a library called “jugaad_trader” on GitHub that bypasses the need to have Kite Connect API Key & Secret in order to access the Kite API.

The way this library works is by capturing the “enc_token” from an active user session (like the one that is generated when you login to Kite from a web browser) and then using it to access the Kite API without having to buy the API subscription which costs ₹2,000 per month.

There is however a BIG caveat to using this library. You can have only one single session active at any given time. This means, when your algo code is running using this token, and you login to Kite on the web then the algo session is terminated which can be disastrous if the algo is supposed to track live orders and positions and take necessary actions.

PS: It is better to access the API using the subscription method since that is the most reliable way to implement any algo trading strategies. Trying to save money on API subscription in the short-term can cost you a lot in the long-term when something goes wrong with your algo positions.

2 Likes

Hi @Manoj_Kumar3

Only the products mentioned below are supported by us

Nithin discussed about the risks associated with 3rd party products in the below mentioned thread