Ask Me Anything about Investing in International Mutual Funds

Hi, first and foremost since the underlying exposure is to two different countries it achieves the objective of diversification so having same manager should not be a cause of worry.Also please check the fund manager for the underlying funds. It is likely that feeder fund has same manager, but the underlying funds may have different manager. Your advisor will be able to help you decide, whether you should hold on or change allocations based on the outlook.

Hi Alok would request you to consult your investment advisor.

Hi, you can buy stocks under LRS scheme. I believe some platforms do offer the facility. In my opinion mfs are a better way of taking exposure to international assets.

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks for coming here and sharing your inputs.

I have an SIP in “DSP BlackRock Natural Resources and New Energy Fund - Direct Plan (G)”, my investment is in negative currently and I am not sure about staying in fund or should I exit my investment at loss.

Please guide , how to take decision in such scenarios

Hi, Can you suggest any best performing international funds that small investor can consider for his portfolio?

Thanks

Hi Pulkit, please consult your investment advisor. Depending upon the overall portfolio construct your advisor will be able to help you identify the appropriate theme to diversify the holdings.