Ask me anything about Zerodha Fund House

Invest in dynamic asset allocation. You won’t find any fund with exact 50:50. Unless you are doing on your own

@tallerballer can you name one dynamic asset allocation fund that uses nifty 50 and g-secs

You want the rebalancing without the tax implications. So suggested dynamic asset allocation funds. There are no funds that stick to just nifty 50 and gsec AFAIK.

Hey Rajendra, thanks for your wishes and suggestions. We strongly believe that simple products can be instrumental in enabling more people to access the capital markets. Hence, we are focusing on the power of indexing to launch simple mutual funds & ETFs to form the core building blocks of every portfolio. We are beginning with broad-based products across multiple asset classes and extend to more solutions & use-cases thereafter.

At present nearly 35% of our investors are from small towns and as we move ahead and expand our distribution reach through various digital partnerships we hope to enable more people to start using mutual fund products as a preferred product to fulfil their investment needs.

2 Likes

LIQUIDCASE bought yesterday is showing as T1 Holding, can we sell Today (on T+1 day)?

Like Buy Today and Sell Tomorrow

In this case, also 80% will be credited and used for other trades or MTM Loss

You can sell it today.

No, as per regulations, credit from selling T1 holdings isn’t available on the same day. It is available from the next day. Explained here: Discontinuation of credit on sale of T1 holdings w.e.f 19th June 2023

@VishalJain please run some basic if conditions in your email sender before sending marketing emails. I’m already investing in Zerodha elss large midcap

1 Like

Noted… thanks

1 Like

Hello @VishalJain Here’s My Opinion on Zerodha Fund House.

The products are basic, unappealing and don’t have the right to win factor.

IMHO: Quant, ICICI, Nippon, PPFAS offer the most top-shelf funds out there and they have been generating alpha for decades consistently.

People I know personally, have been sitting on 10x, 17x, 25x and even 32x on funds like ICICI, Nippon, Quant and that’s on MFs alone.

I’m a pretty savvy investor and I can balance and build my own ETF like Portfolio, exactly mimicking the indices and everything. Why would I then need to pay some 0.50% to you? Seems pointless right?

Would I invest in Zerodha Fund House with the current offerings? Absolutely not.

No opinion in ZFH but the returns that you are talking about out of curiosity what category of funds are u speaking of? Is it mid or smallcaps?
Over what horizon is such returns accumulated?
What difference would it make for someone who’s starting to invest today?

1 Like

Hey Souvik, thanks so much for reaching out. We are still at the beginning of our journey and hope to help more Indians become savvy investors like you to help them build a better financial future for themselves. I hope somewhere in the future we are able to have a product that makes sense to you. In the meantime, i wish you all the very best in your investing journey and am happy to hear any suggestions you may have for ZFH. Regards

2 Likes

You got owned bro :joy::joy:

1 Like

Asking a fund house that has “passive” in its motto why they have passive funds. Seems pointless, right? But I’m not savvy enough to be sure.

1 Like

@VishalJain I don’t know if this is an interesting idea as a product but what are your thoughts on an index fund that tracks both the Nifty200 Momentum 30 and Nifty100 Low volatility 30 indices? I have been exploring the Nifty strategy indices lately and the 10 year rolling returns for the historical data of both Nifty200 Momentum30 and the Nifty100 Low volatility 30 seem to be consistently better than Nifty 50.

I was personally thinking about starting a 50:50 investment into a momentum and a low volatily index fund. To me, this 50:50 splits seems to be the right mix between tracking momentum while maintaining a “market risk adjusted hedge” through the low volatility index.
The problem is that the regular rebalancing that will be required to keep the weights at 50:50 on an annual basis is not tax efficient for individual investors and will probably eat away the excess returns that this strategy generates over Nifty 50. This is where an index fund or ETF could help.

Needless to say, all strategy indices are backward looking and may fail to outperform in the future.

Hey Neeraj, any strategy index will be prone to outperformance/underperformance with the market just like any other active scheme. However, one of the benefits of using any index is that its relatively easier to understand the risk-return characteristics of the strategy. And therefore do have a look at how your proposed strategy will affect the risk-return dynamics of your portfolio and proceed.

1 Like

Hey Vishal, portfolio of the fund is sent twice in the same day for March 2024, as monthly and half yearly disclosures. Should ideally be sent only once like other fund houses do.

@VishalJain How do I determine what is the right value of the LIQUIDCASE ETF at any given instance? In case of a stock, the price is what buyer is willing to pay but LIQUIDCASE ETF is backed by interest bearing securities that have predictable interest.

Since LIQUIDCASE ETF is traded on exchange, a seller might opt to sell at 2%, 5%, or 10% premium over the right value. If I don’t know how to calculate the right value of LIQUIDCASE ETF, I am concerned I might overpay. In case of LIQUIDBEES, we always know that ₹ 1,000 is the right value. Dividends are in the form of extra units and does not affect the price.

Hi Priyank, you can get the Indicative NAV (iNAV) from our website which you can keep track of…

The same is also available on the NSE website. My suggestion would be to always place a limit order around the iNAV.

1 Like

Noted…thanks for highlighting

1 Like

Hi @VishalJain,

Since you have mentioned about debt products (ETFs) coming up Is there any plans from ZFH to introduce something like Total Corporate Bonds ETF, Total Banking & PSU Bonds ETF or even Total CG/SDL Bonds ETF like Vanguard and BlackRock has in USA (along the lines of VTC ETF but in Indian context)?

If not possible to whole extent at least is there a possibility of introducing a reduced/dumb down versions of these (for example like an index fund/ETF which follows CRISIL AAA corporate bond composite index or CRISIL Banking and PSU debt index or Nifty counterparts)?

There are lot of possibilities in debt space especially if one is able to tweak around them without making them similar to FMP (Like Bharat Bond ETFs but without maturity dates on them like normal debt funds).

One major problem i have observed in debt/bond space (especially in PSUs, SDLs) is there are tonne of funds which offer these kinda indexes are FMP in nature and i have to roll down to next series (if i wanted to contiue) once those FMP gets matured. There is only one or two debt index funds in a real sense and almost zero ETFs which actually offer these debt indices. I’m expecting ZFH to come up with ETFs just like Liquidcase but for bonds issued by different entities (like CG/SDL bonds, Bank/NBFC bonds, PSU bonds, credit risk bonds etc) and even different time horizons.

Also is there any plans on table from ZFH to introduce any ETFs aimed towards equity indices? Might not be something like smart beta indices at beginning itself. But some common basic etfs aimed at Nifty 50, Nifty next 50, Nifty midcap 150, Nifty smallcap 250 and Nifty microcap 250. For the point of discussion i never even thought some of these caps would get index funds ever (smallcap 250 and microcap 250 index funds specifically) or would get decent AUM under these funds which proved wrong from my end as there was decent flow of money into these index funds past 12 months (maybe last 12 months was an anamoly in lower capped indexes as they gave huge return and public put money into those but it won’t be wrong either to have some presence in those caps).