Ask us anything about Budget 2020

@Curious-Investor @Whationesurs

1. Deduction u/s 80E is available on interest paid on Education Loan taken from Financial Institutes. But in your case, since the loan is taken from parents and you are repaying it back, you can not claim it u/s 80E.

2. FNO trading is considered as Business Income and expenses related to trading activities are allowed as deductions while filing ITR. However, a loan taken for payment of education fees is not allowed as deduction.

Hope this helps. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

thanks a lot for your answer it helps me with my recipes project. really appreciating that. i am wondering if i may dm you in case some other questions will appear? thanks again.

1 Like

Hi,

I have a doubt.

I receive monthly allowance from my mother around 25,000 RS per month. I live away from home and most of this money goes to paying bills and my Mutual Fund SIPs. Last I checked this 25k was considered as a gift and also given that the tax on this 25k is already paid by my mother only then do I receive this amount as an allowance. Do I need to pay tax on this 25k per month?

Thanks.

Hi @Akarsh

No, you do not need to pay tax on 25k since its not your income. But receipt from your mother.

One more question. Last year I used this allowance for bills and trading so I showed the remaining amount as proprietorā€™s capital this year I switched to MF SIPs should I still show the remaining amount as proprietorā€™s capital?

Thanks.

@Akarsh

Yes, you can show the remaining as proprietors capital if it is used for trading business this year. You can DM us at [email protected] for any further queries. Hope this helps. :slightly_smiling_face: