Ask us anything about investing in government bonds, treasury bills (t-bills) and state development bonds (SDLs)

bought t bill from coin, not reflecting anywhere either in kite or coin, where to look for it

Did you get the allotment? I dont think i got allotted :cry:

@Bhuvan I had tendered my bid for G-Sec last week, in coin it is still showing processed. So if the bond has not been allotted, when will the blocked amount be freed for my use? If the amount is back to my Zerodha account by tomorrow I will be able to bid again this week. Asking because tomorrow another round bidding might start, just getting myself prepared. Sorry to disturb you.

I did get an email from Coin on 12th night saying it will take 3-4 working days for the bonds to show in Demat.

The allotment should happen today because Friday was a holiday
https://www.rbi.org.in/Scripts/BS_PressReleaseDisplay.aspx?prid=55495

1 Like

Yes sorry 6 is the correct number, thanks for pointing that out

@Bhuvan Has the Clearing Corporation updated the latest pledge list which fresh GSec issues? What is the date when they do it every month?

Yes, the clearing corporation has updated the list and newly issued G-Secs in April, 7.06% GS 2028, 7.17% GS 2030, and 6.99% GS 2026 are approved for pledging.

This list is released by the clearing corporation by 20th of every month. Our list is updated by the end of the month.

4 Likes

Thanks for the quick reply, appreciate it!!

What are the legal and regulatory frameworks governing the issuance and trading of government bonds, treasury bills, and state development bonds in India? What are the roles and responsibilities of various institutions such as RBI, SEBI, NSDL, CCIL, PDs, etc. in this market?

Hi Vijay,

Better go for Gilt fund. No need to pay tax on interest and fund manager will take good care.

RBI is the banker to the Govt of India and as such it issues bonds on behalf of the Govt.

RBI issues debt and also runs a platform called Negotiated Dealing System (NDS) which is administered by The Clearing Corporation of India Limited (CCIL).

1 Like

Thank for this information.

After placing the order for T-Bills, where should be the funds made available - in Zerodha account or linekd primary bank account?

Funds should be available in your trading account.

1 Like

I read i one post that it takes upto 15 days, in case there are no holidays then how much time does RBI and then Zerodha takes to credit the amount?

What is the typical reason for non acceptance of bid for the 90day TBill?

@ShubhS9, Exactly when is the list going to be updated, it’s almost end of month? Asking this as I’m still not able to pledge the Government bonds.

May 2nd onwards

Can anyone tell why the price of 706GS2028 available now is 105.62 ?
Shouldn’t it be near 100?

It is trading around 100-101.

What have you been looking at? :thinking: